• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Back to gentlemen's clothing fora

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am happy to announce that I am back to wear my nice clothes on a daily basis. I started career in banking, I am an engineer though and worked for IT/Telecoms, but made career quickly and was promoted to assistant to a Managing Director when I was 24. He mentored me and teached me about the business, but also about how to conduct yourself on high level management on a large bank on both the profesional and personal levels which included off course, proper attire. He teached me how should i dress and present myself, and this involved suits, shirts, shoes and ties. I was promoted to a director position when I was just 26 and was always a well dressed man. however life changes took me to leave the bank later on and get into consulting and later on to work on the telecomunications industry. As I was on the technical side of things and not relating at all with customers, the suit and tie didn't fit the culture of the company. everybody was in jeans and hiking boots, including my pairs, so going to work on a suit and tie was in fact a bad thing for mixing in with the teams I had to work with. I allways dresed well enough though, with dress trousers and nice shoes, but my suits and ties were relegated to the closet for 10 years. I wore suits however when on a night out and also to go clubing, but the clubing the suist were mostly the disposable kind ( cheap and flashy ) because they usually get trashed on a night on a club. after 10 years on the telecom industry I decided to go back to the financial sector, this sounds more easy that what it is, the financial companies and banks are not so easy to get into here ( Switzerland ) as they expect you to bring a solid banking/finance experience with you to be hired unles you are just starting career, I had a very good banking experiencein my resumÃ
00a9.png
but it was 10 years old, so the doors where quite shut closed. I was looking for a year and finally I landed the contract with one of the most succesful bulge bracket banks working on backoffice IT for the Asset Management business. A dream job. I now can get to wear my beautiful canvas suits, goodyear welted shoes and gay colored ties. I am a happy man
smile.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakewolf
I am happy to announce that I am back to wear my nice clothes on a daily basis.

I started career in banking, I am an engineer though and worked for IT/Telecoms, but made career quickly and was promoted to assistant to a Managing Director when I was 24.

He mentored me and teached me about the business, but also about how to conduct yourself on high level management on a large bank on both the profesional and personal levels which included off course, proper attire.

He teached me how should i dress and present myself, and this involved suits, shirts, shoes and ties.

I was promoted to a director position when I was just 26 and was always a well dressed man.

however life changes took me to leave the bank later on and get into consulting and later on to work on the telecomunications industry.

As I was on the technical side of things and not relating at all with customers, the suit and tie didn't fit the culture of the company.

everybody was in jeans and hiking boots, including my pairs, so going to work on a suit and tie was in fact a bad thing for mixing in with the teams I had to work with.

I allways dresed well enough though, with dress trousers and nice shoes, but my suits and ties were relegated to the closet for 10 years.

I wore suits however when on a night out and also to go clubing, but the clubing the suist were mostly the disposable kind ( cheap and flashy ) because they usually get trashed on a night on a club.

after 10 years on the telecom industry I decided to go back to the financial sector, this sounds more easy that what it is, the financial companies and banks are not so easy to get into here ( Switzerland ) as they expect you to bring a solid banking/finance experience with you to be hired unles you are just starting career, I had a very good banking experiencein my resumÃ
00a9.png
but it was 10 years old, so the doors where quite shut closed.

I was looking for a year and finally I landed the contract with one of the most succesful bulge bracket banks working on backoffice IT for the Asset Management business. A dream job.

I now can get to wear my beautiful canvas suits, goodyear welted shoes and gay colored ties.

I am a happy man
smile.gif

Did you say something? Sorry, I was looking at your avatar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads