• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Stellar suit.

+
smile.gif

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jawbreak
12102010420-002.jpg

Congrats on the weight loss (intentional or not) and on the recovering jaw. I have to ask, though, why you've buttoned the bottom button.

Originally Posted by Jawbreak
12102010317.jpg

Thanks for the bonus pic. Say, haven't we seen her over on PurseForvm?

Originally Posted by bleachboy
Or maybe just eBay it? I paid like $12.50 for it. :p
That would be my recommendation. I think you'd look much better in vented jackets.

Originally Posted by niidawg3
i really like this TB ... gray/blue/burgundy is a winner anyday.

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
I really like this. Classy color combination.

Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
Simple, clean, and neat. Classic example of "less is more".

Originally Posted by MarcInDentonTx
Classic. Really nicely done IMHO.
That's very nice to hear, gentlemen. Thank you. I actually left the house that day feeling that I was playing it too...

safe_umpire-187x167.jpg

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
121020102099.jpg

121020102098.jpg

121020102100.jpg

I like this, one of your quieter combinations.

Originally Posted by Vaux_le_Vicomte
G2.JPG

^^^
drool.gif

@MBreinin: didn't notice that tie till now
lol8[1].gif
Nice surprise.
@NYR: Not knocking your bespokes, but this jacket's fit is on par with them. The red pop is nice, too.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
IMG_0582.jpg

Dropped the car off for some repairs this morning...only a Volvo would have a tail light that costs more than brake pads...
facepalm.gif

I am surprised you cuffed the moleskins, but I like the result.

I can commisserate, Rob. I used to drive an '84 BMW 733i. The car cost $800. So did every repair.
ffffuuuu.gif

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doral
DSC00003-2.jpg

DSC00007-2.jpg

Wow! Great tie and shoes.

One thing that sucks about living in Nashville is that I could never wear that tie without every third person wanting to talk about University of Tennessee football with me.

dr. locktopus

Reaction score
Rob, nice look. Pants from B&S? Very subtle combining, great jacket (love the buttons).

Spoozy, your looks are always very busy. I understand that's your thing, but it hurts my head. Stripes on your suit and shirt, dots on your tie, plaid PS, and the sweater with a DB? It's all a little much in my eyes.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@NYR: Not knocking your bespokes, but this jacket's fit is on par with them. The red pop is nice, too.

Cheers UC...sometimes you can find RTW that fits just as well as a custom garment...its great, and I have three RTW jackets that I feel that way about. Only thing is that two of them are single vents, and I prefer double.

Originally Posted by luftvier
I am surprised you cuffed the moleskins, but I like the result.

I can commisserate, Rob. I used to drive an '84 BMW 733i. The car cost $800. So did every repair.
ffffuuuu.gif

Thanks luft. i feel moleskins are great for cuffs, they're an ideal country pant, although today I was sweating like a whore in church by the afternoon...my classroom gets no cross ventilation. As for the Volvo...ugh. Hope you're feeling better man, though from the lack of pics I fear your still convalescing.

Originally Posted by dr. locktopus
Rob, nice look. Pants from B&S? Very subtle combining, great jacket (love the buttons).

Thanks Doc. I actually made the trip to Daffy's in Jersey Gardens, not as picked over for the men's stuff and I found 6 pair and paid a whopping $150 for em all. Today's pair was a whopping $13.99...
smile.gif

How's the year going?

spoozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Now that's a look I can support! Well done.

Cheers, lufty!

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
IMG_0572.jpg

Killer jacket, but that tie knot and the ps....need some improvement
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Holdfast

The polka dot tie/shirt combo is great. Not a fan of the suit, but hey.

Thx, Holdfast. I´ll never totally satisfy anyone
smile.gif

I like this, one of your quieter combinations.

It is...and still i got people complaining about textures and stuff
wink.gif

Originally Posted by dr. locktopus
Spoozy, your looks are always very busy. I understand that's your thing, but it hurts my head. Stripes on your suit and shirt, dots on your tie, plaid PS, and the sweater with a DB? It's all a little much in my eyes.

They are, doubtlessly. If it hurts you, then you are free to rest your eyes on something more sedate (still, your comment is highly appreciated, no irony here). I guess calming it down means loosing the individualistic approach. Which is nothing i would go for. I prefer the "No guts, no glory" method...but i´m fine with you not liking it
smile.gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mossrockss
1- this tartan-y sportcoat craze is just picking up steam- i like it!
2- are you using the onOne dslr iphone remote app? that's the best thing to happen to waywrn in a long time.

Although I like the coat a great deal, I would not call that a tartan. Tartan tends to be characterized by multiple colors, like this for example, of which I would gladly wear a sportcoat made from... Hell, I'd wear a suit in this:

CA_tartan_gif.gif

dr. locktopus

Reaction score
NYR:
Year is going great! I couldn't ask for a better bunch of kids! I just feel too drained to take pics every day. Plus I need to find myself some sport coats to spice up the rotation a bit.

If you find any 33/34s for $15 let me know! lol.

Spoozy:
Don't stop on my account! Your tie knot is nice!
smile.gif

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Thanks - B, I try..

This was great. I appreciate about 1 in 20 bowtie attempts that are posted here, and this is one of them. Great jacket too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads