• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramp
On the other hand, I've felt jackets from the second brand and they were orgasmic.
inlove.gif

answered your own question here

ramp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
answered your own question here

I know, I'm just a little concerned about the sleeve length. And this would be the largest purchase I've ever made, so its kinda scary, you know? Although I feel like if it didn't fit, I'd have no problem selling it for the same price.

And yes, I'm refreshing this page every 30 seconds.
laugh.gif

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of people say BS is decent for the price but you should feel bad and very, very dirty whenever you get compliments on it. Get the real one!

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if all you care about is the look then do it.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leather jacket guy, you could always email the retailer with your concerns if they won't let you return the jacket. Just ask about sleeve length, I'm sure they'd help you out. If you can make it work I would definitely recommend spending good money on a good leather.

I don't mind knockoffs so much (they don't really look the same, and they don't cut into the designer's target audience), but I do mind cheap leather jackets. Large expanses of leather look trashy unless it's high-quality leather. Don't be that one guy who always wear that dumb leather jacket because he can't tell how ugly it is.

ramp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
A lot of people say BS is decent for the price but you should feel bad and very, very dirty whenever you get compliments on it.

sad-panda-because-v4.jpg

Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Leather jacket guy, you could always email the retailer with your concerns if they won't let you return the jacket. Just ask about sleeve length, I'm sure they'd help you out. If you can make it work I would definitely recommend spending good money on a good leather.

Email sent. I think if he replies with anything that even vaguely suggests they will be long enough, I'm gonna pull the trigger.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Leather jacket guy, you could always email the retailer with your concerns if they won't let you return the jacket. Just ask about sleeve length, I'm sure they'd help you out. If you can make it work I would definitely recommend spending good money on a good leather. I don't mind knockoffs so much (they don't really look the same, and they don't cut into the designer's target audience), but I do mind cheap leather jackets. Large expanses of leather look trashy unless it's high-quality leather. Don't be that one guy who always wear that dumb leather jacket because he can't tell how ugly it is.
Obviously this isn't true, since this guy is willing and able to pay for RO but is considering BS because it's cheaper.

ramp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Obviously this isn't true, since this guy is willing and able to pay for RO but is considering BS because it's cheaper.

Able...maybe. I live with my parents so my expenses are low, but I'm also trying to save money for the future. I have a good bit saved up, but RO even at used forum prices is out of my league. The non-BS jacket in question is going for much cheaper than that and I would say, given my small amount of first-hand experience with both brands, higher quality at the same time.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BS is about H&M quality... you're much, much better off getting used or discount RO even if it is more expensive.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramp
I know, I'm just a little concerned about the sleeve length. And this would be the largest purchase I've ever made, so its kinda scary, you know? Although I feel like if it didn't fit, I'd have no problem selling it for the same price.

And yes, I'm refreshing this page every 30 seconds.
laugh.gif

Judging by the photo that jacket is cute raglan sleeve as well so it depends on your shoulders and your build. the sleeves can fit longer or shorter depending on how jacked you are, bro.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira

He's one case; there was a TED talk about fashion and copyright law posted in RFT that talked about the phenomenon, but what it boils down to is that people who can afford RO wouldn't buy a knockoff to save money, and people who have to buy knockoffs to get "the look" can't afford RO. There are fringe cases obviously, but it's not a significant portion of the consumer base.

Or something.

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the TED talk it was just a quote of one designer wasn't it?

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If i recall correctly, no

however, the TED video was talking about how different demographics want different things. Certain people are fine with consuming at fast-fashion stores, but others want the real thing. Not to mention the income differences.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Tom Ford, which is kind of cheating because Tom Ford's prices are astronomical so of course someone habitually shopping at H&M is never going to want to drop for them. Many designers are closer to their "inspired" counterparts

Edit: to Magician: My real problem with BS is that the entire brand is about knocking off jackets, they do no real design work of themselves. I'd have a ton more respect if they even tweaked a few small details but they make mirror images which is pretty much a slap in the face for the designers who originated the designs

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads