• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Couple of quick shots of my place which is now on the market.

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg
IMG_0860-1.jpg

IMG_0861-1.jpg

lefty

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Lefty, while I might have done one or two things a bit differently myself, I love it love it love it.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Beautiful, I love it.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Rambo
Its country on the left and chic on the right.

It's the mullet of living rooms.

Originally Posted by Douglas
Lefty, while I might have done one or two things a bit differently myself, I love it love it love it.

We have a lot of Asian furniture and art but still love post-modern. Fortunately, the Arts & Crafts house makes it work.

Originally Posted by mharwitt
i miss living in a craftsman.

I will too.

lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Lefty, that's some gorgeous wood!

That's what she sa. . .

The floors are 100+ year-old Heart Pine in 12'-15' lengths. The trim/baseboards/wainscoting/pillars is all Chestnut. Both woods are pretty much unavailable now. I'll post a few more shots when I get them back from the agent. There's an open foyer with a 20' ceiling and a wall of leaded windows along the landing.

Extensive gardens on .3 of an acre.

For sale, Ed. 22 minutes to Penn or the PATH in Hoboken with a great school system.

lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Few more. . .

Living Room:
GreatRoom.jpg

Fireplace:
FRFireplace2.jpg

Foyer looking into Dining Room:
Foyer3.jpg

Foyer looking into Living Room:
Foyer2.jpg

Rear of foyer:
Entry.jpg

Looking back to front entrance:
Entry3.jpg

Looking upstairs:
Staircase6-1.jpg

Looking down from landing:
Staircase4.jpg

Dining Room:
DiningRoom2.jpg

DR fireplace:
DRFireplace.jpg

lefty

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Really awesome. Totally my kind of place. I, too, really like Asian stuff as well as some of the cleaner lines of much modern stuff. Our new place is going to have a strong Arts and Crafts flavor as well; I hope we can do it up as well as you have. I think we have a lot of furnishing challenges ahead.

Love love LOVE the fireplaces.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. Amazing house. Probably my favorite in this thread. It's immaculately decorated, but seems very lived in at the same time.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Killer place.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mharwitt
carpeted stairs? why!
The entire first floor was carpeted. The bathrooms were pink chintz. And the kitchen was blue colonial. I ripped out the carpet but left the stairs with the idea that I would refinish them and put in a decent runner. Never got around to it and to tell the truth there's an awful lot of wood here. Urban cabin-look as GDL called it.
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Lefty, I like that a lot. - B
Thanks.
Originally Posted by Douglas
Really awesome. Totally my kind of place. I, too, really like Asian stuff as well as some of the cleaner lines of much modern stuff. Our new place is going to have a strong Arts and Crafts flavor as well; I hope we can do it up as well as you have. I think we have a lot of furnishing challenges ahead. Love love LOVE the fireplaces.
The LR fireplace is killer, though I don't think the top or the stucco is original. It has 13 of these inlaid tiles which I was secretly hoping were handmade by FL Wright, but alas.
IMG_0875.jpg
Originally Posted by embowafa
Wow. Amazing house. Probably my favorite in this thread. It's immaculately decorated, but seems very lived in at the same time.
Thanks. It is very very lived in and it is easy to do so. Unfortunately I am in the process of removing a number of lights I had made as I just can't bring myself to sell them with the house. Here's a worm's eye view of the one in the foyer.
IMG_0900.jpg
Originally Posted by Bhowie
Killer place.
Cheers. lefty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads