• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
xpost from knit thread
Debating whether I want to keep this or not:
IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
xpost from knit thread
Debating whether I want to keep this or not:

My vote is no. Reminds me of ugly christmas sweaters way too much.

stinger70

Reaction score
^agree, it looks really nice just laying there, but when you put it on i dont think it works. The fact you are unsure says a lot really. Any of those patterned knits seem to tread a fine line between christmas sweater and stylish.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think it's really nice looking, just should not be worn the way you're wearing it (chinos, crew neck T). Needs to be edgier; boots and trousers.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i actually agree somewhat with that sentiment. i think it looks awesome lying around and i think it would look awesome under some layers but alone while worn in that picture it might be a bit much. im leaning toward keeping it though because im really in love with the idea of the sweater and i think i can get it to work--obviously i wouldnt wear it as shown i just threw it on over what i was wearing today

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you love it, I'd say keep it. I've kind of found that if you really love a piece, even if you don't think of it as being that "wearable" (although that sweater looks pretty wearable to me), you find excuses to wear it. I think 3 of my last purchases have been absolutely ridiculous, but I love them anyway - they're just too awesome to leave in the closet. if something piques your interest, it's probably a good thing. Maybe you start with one sweater, and a year later your taste in clothes has totally changed. I don't think that's bad, necessarily. What's the point of spending what is admittedly a ridiculous amount of cash on things that don't excite you?

Buy some slim black tapered trousers and combat boots and then the sweater will look 10x better.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stinger70
^agree, it looks really nice just laying there, but when you put it on i dont think it works. The fact you are unsure says a lot really. Any of those patterned knits seem to tread a fine line between christmas sweater and stylish.

So true. If I buy something that I'm on the fence about, I end up disliking it a few weeks down the line.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
If you love it, I'd say keep it. I've kind of found that if you really love a piece, even if you don't think of it as being that "wearable" (although that sweater looks pretty wearable to me), you find excuses to wear it. I think 3 of my last purchases have been absolutely ridiculous, but I love them anyway - they're just too awesome to leave in the closet. if something piques your interest, it's probably a good thing. Maybe you start with one sweater, and a year later your taste in clothes has totally changed. I don't think that's bad, necessarily. What's the point of spending what is admittedly a ridiculous amount of cash on things that don't excite you?

Buy some slim black tapered trousers and combat boots and then the sweater will look 10x better.

thanks--thats more or less how i was planning on styling it. im less sure about whether i like it or not (i do) than if it's worth what i paid
ffffuuuu.gif

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wear it with your moto and some black jeans, done.

ramp

Reaction score
Black Scissors RO knock-off, made to my measurements. $350
216601159_o.jpg
or, for double the price
kurara_peace-img406x600-1283702024fugwz521696.jpg
The only issue on it is that the sleeves are measured at 48 cm. Can anyone with experience with this jacket/brand tell me if they fit longer somehow? Edit: Just realized I'm also gonna need a sweater or two and possibly a heavier jacket as well....hmmm...

ramp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
honestly the moment i received my BS jacket i was like ew.

and then i sold it.

That bad? I've heard mixed things about the leather but it seemed like the general consensus was that it was good for the price.

On the other hand, I've felt jackets from the second brand and they were orgasmic.
inlove.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads