• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
why?

isn't this a model a lot of brands have in their line-up?

No, not with a medallion that size.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newcomer
The lack of shoe trees makes me cringe though
frown.gif

+1

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
No, not with a medallion that size.

i see.

it's pretty fugly btw.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Here you go (truer color as well):

vwrdd4.jpg

Lovely shoes Moo , Trickers are IMHO a very underrated manufacturer round here.
confused.gif

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
+1

I agree but Rider Boot does not make shoe trees and I have not found a suitable substitute. As you can see from my Alden and A/E posts (and a few more to come), I buy shoe trees when available. Anyone know a good shoe tree that will work with Rider Boot?

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brax
I agree but Rider Boot does not make shoe trees and I have not found a suitable substitute. As you can see from my Alden and A/E posts (and a few more to come), I buy shoe trees when available. Anyone know a good shoe tree that will work with Rider Boot?

There's nothing special about the shoe trees that Alden or AE "produce". The Alden branded ones just have a name tag applied and the AE trees are fairly generic too. Just buy anything that looks like it might work.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are the Edward Greens (shoe trees included).

Boots: Galway, last 606, rosewood with tobacco suede
Shoes: Cardiff, last 808, dark oak
Dover, last 202, chestnut
Fawsley, last 606, burnt pine (at the cobbler)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brax

Rider recommended to me the Cedarville Men's Ultra for his Chukkas. Those shoe trees will work for darn near anything. But honestly, any shoe tree is better than nothing if you do not want to fork over $~30 / pair of trees. Think about it this way though... shoe trees are just about the best investment you can make. They last forever and they also make your shoes last longer.

http://www.cedarvillestore.com/p-13-...shoe-tree.aspx

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joenobody0
There's nothing special about the shoe trees that Alden or AE "produce". The Alden branded ones just have a name tag applied and the AE trees are fairly generic too. Just buy anything that looks like it might work.

That's right - I use either Alden or no-name cedar trees and they work fine in the Rider's. You're just stretching out the break, not the toes.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Nice.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug
Those look awesome!

thanks, Just noticed that shopthefinest (where I purchased these) has the same boot, but labeled Borrelli, for $200 more than this mantallessi version
eek.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
thanks, Just noticed that shopthefinest (where I purchased these) has the same boot, but labeled Borrelli, for $200 more than this mantallessi version
eek.gif

I'd prefer the 'un-rebranded' (not just because of the price). I like Sutor; I'm not an expert, but from what I've seen, they seem to do their own thing: make simple, elegant shoes. I like their monks too.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted a very dark brown calf leather.
Cleverley & Fosters refer to it as black coffee leather...G&G calls it Espresso

I wanted a plain front...no design, but I desired some brogueing/ornamentation on the topline, strap and the front vamp of the shoe

Clifford completed the design as requested and based on the pics I sent for guidance

Fit: Out of the box, it fits better than any monk I have worn by C&J, EG, and G&G. Since it is a Springline bespoke last, it tackles my high instep well, so that I do not notice it...in the past, I had to loosen the monk strap by one level to relieve the pressure on my instep...but this caused some of my shoes to be a bit loose (and not to my liking). As to fit in the toe box, it is roomier than my other monks...& I love it

Granted, I have worn this shoe for a few hours, but the fit is better. Is it phenomenally better...no. But it is a noticeable improvement over my other monks in terms of fit

The front last shape came out as I desired...although I might consider Springline to make me another last which is a bit pointier, longer and more chiseled.

I paid an extra 60 pounds for "bespoke" quality leather. It is an improvement over the black calf used on my first commission with him. I will continue to pay & request for the bespoke premium leather as it looks better.

Yes, I am ordering more shoes from Clifford...Winston Churchill faux laces

Will I solely be ordering ONLY from Clifford...no. I still like the RTW G&G TG73 last's shape and the quality of shoe from them too. But now I can have Clifford make some personal designs...for about 500 pounds (includes shipping and bespoke shoe trees)

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads