• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by John Doe
I just picked up one of these yesterday. I was able to get a little bit of seat time today and this machine is freaking FANTASTIC! I can't wait till my next day off. I'll be hitting the Texas Hill Country WFO! I'll post up some pics from the hill country soon.
Beautiful bike! You familiar with Lime Creek Rd?

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Beautiful bike!

You familiar with Lime Creek Rd?

No. Should I seek it out? Is it west of Austin? I do most of my riding around the Camp Wood, Leaky, Twin Sisters, Bandera area.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sonny Barger on his Sportster:

sonny+fx.jpg

Now that, is badass..

artoftime

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Sonny Barger on his Sportster:

sonny+fx.jpg

Now that, is badass..

Badass as he was - that is no sportster - it is a narrow glide FL - Super glide or Low Rider. Not sure of the photo vintage, but the heads, and cases are not XL variety - from the (early) drum front brake, I'd guess a Super glide
Cheers

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by artoftime
Badass as he was - that is no sportster - it is a narrow glide FL - Super glide or Low Rider. Not sure of the photo vintage, but the heads, and cases are not XL variety - from the (early) drum front brake, I'd guess a Super glide Cheers
Yeah, you might be right.. He rode mainly Sportsters in those days, but that does look a little "beefy" for a Sportie..

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prepaid my winter storage this weekend.
frown.gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
Prepaid my winter storage this weekend.
frown.gif

Sorry to hear that.. I plan on going until mid November, maybe longer, depending on weather, but I keep my bikes in the garage so I can easily capitalize on the rare days in late November or early December where riding is possible. That said, planning to hit the Blue Ridge Parkway and Smoky Mountain NF this weekend (taking Friday/Monday off) for some short hikes, probably on my Forty Eight. I've planned ahead and booked a chiropractor's appointment Wednesday to get my spine back into alignment..
laugh.gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Giving some serious thought to adding this to my garage.. Anyone?
070608002.jpg

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Giving some serious thought to adding this to my garage.. Anyone?

070608002.jpg

do it...

the ability to veer off onto a dirt path and go exploring makes your motorcycling 10 times more fun.. Just needs a skidplate first

scrambler_800px.jpg

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that.. I plan on going until mid November, maybe longer, depending on weather, but I keep my bikes in the garage so I can easily capitalize on the rare days in late November or early December where riding is possible. That said, planning to hit the Blue Ridge Parkway and Smoky Mountain NF this weekend (taking Friday/Monday off) for some short hikes, probably on my Forty Eight. I've planned ahead and booked a chiropractor's appointment Wednesday to get my spine back into alignment..
laugh.gif

On the plus side, road into work today.
smile.gif

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I lowsided while turning into my driveway. I think the tire lost traction on a pile of leaves
frown.gif
It all happened so quickly. One moment I was making a routine turn, the next I was on the ground. I was wearing my gloves and helmet and a hoodie, but shorts on the bottom = road rash. The windshield's cracked and one of the turn signals is broken, but other than that I think everything's fine. Haven't checked to see if it'll start yet. I'll check alignment tomorrow. Any other tips?

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wear pants.

Seriously, hope you feel better tomorrow.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just coming home from a jog. Not an excuse, but
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads