• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Three Best Stores Bologna

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will be in Bologna in a few weeks. Any great men's clothing or other stores to recommend?

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dante De Paz's store is great for English-style stuff, and especially for cloth. Lots of vintage material, possibly the best selection in Italy. Not cheap (for cloth). Address is via Ugo Bassi 4/d, 40121 Bologna, Italy. Tel. +39 051 231354 ‎

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There're a few trad gents stores in the centre. A nice one on Via Farini near the Galleria Mall (with all the Gucci type bling shops) . Can't remember name. There's Peron bespoke shoe shop on via Galleria. Plenty of other sartorie up small side streets; not big names but small outfits which can be found by small plates next to door.
Non-clothing:
Eataly just off pza Maggiore. A nice restaurant on via de Carbonesi, 8 , Cesari (far end of Farini)

There's a friendly tourist info on Pza Maggiore.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
right off of the main square (independence or republic) are several fantastic cloth stores - on the side farther away from the railroad station are a couple that sell shirtings, on the side closer to the railway station are a couple that sell suiting.

by the way - eat at resteraunt diana. seriously, do not miss it.

have - mortadella, tortellini in broth, bolito misto, and then the homemade vanilla icecream

enjoy

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are great suggestions thank you all.

Any other suggestions for things to do or see around Bologna? We will be there 3 days. Suggestions beyond the city in the country-side would be appreciated.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You talk about something to do outside of the city:
on a hill overlooking the city, to the south, is a huge Cathedral or church. Great views on a nice day. You can walk up to it from the centre, under a porticoed path. As you know this is the city of porticoes

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would anyone be willing to proxy something for me from Protec?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by radicaldog
Dante De Paz's store is great for English-style stuff, and especially for cloth. Lots of vintage material, possibly the best selection in Italy. Not cheap (for cloth). Address is via Ugo Bassi 4/d, 40121 Bologna, Italy. Tel. +39 051 231354 ‎

Stopped in and they had a fantastic selection. However, I had just come from the Middlands in the UK and London so I already had my dose of English country style shopping, but it was a beautiful assortment. Actually was as good or better than just about anything in London.
lapaz.jpg

Originally Posted by Britalian
There're a few trad gents stores in the centre. A nice one on Via Farini near the Galleria Mall (with all the Gucci type bling shops) . Can't remember name. There's Peron bespoke shoe shop on via Galleria. Plenty of other sartorie up small side streets; not big names but small outfits which can be found by small plates next to door.
Non-clothing:
Eataly just off pza Maggiore. A nice restaurant on via de Carbonesi, 8 , Cesari (far end of Farini)

There's a friendly tourist info on Pza Maggiore.

Yes Cesari is a gem.
cesari.jpg

Originally Posted by globetrotter
right off of the main square (independence or republic) are several fantastic cloth stores - on the side farther away from the railroad station are a couple that sell shirtings, on the side closer to the railway station are a couple that sell suiting.

by the way - eat at resteraunt diana. seriously, do not miss it.

have - mortadella, tortellini in broth, bolito misto, and then the homemade vanilla icecream

enjoy

You are right about the cloth and shirting stores, there must have been at least half a dozen if not more. Didn't make it to Diana but we had our best meal in Italy (including Milan) at Rodrigo. They are known for their fresh seafood and the staff was so warm and charming.
rodrigo.jpg

Originally Posted by edmorel
Make sure to stop by Oscar Meyer's boutique just off via de cappicola. When on the best experiences you will have in Bologna.

I kept asking everyone I met for Oscar's and they all gave me a funny look. I guess I need to work on my Italian?

Originally Posted by Britalian
You talk about something to do outside of the city:
on a hill overlooking the city, to the south, is a huge Cathedral or church. Great views on a nice day. You can walk up to it from the centre, under a porticoed path. As you know this is the city of porticoes

We toured outside the city at a Parmigianno Reggiano co-op (heavenly) a balsamic vinegar maker using starter that his father purchased in 1947 and then an organic winery to eat and drink.
parma.jpg

balsamic.jpg

bolognacountryside.jpg

Bologna is a wonderful place to hang out for a few days. The population is 400,000 of which 100,000 are students. It has a fun active vibe mixed with old world charm, beautiful women and delicious food. I would highly recommend it for your next trip to northern Italy.

AMG1

Reaction score
And don´t forget there´s the Lamborghini factory at Sant ´Agata.

amorin

Reaction score
My husband and I will be in Ravenna one day Sunday June 1 2014. I wanted to take him to Bologna to buy some Vitiliano Pancaldi (so?) ties as they are made there and almost impossible to find except for one store in Rome. Do any of you know of any stores that sell Pancaldi ties that will be open on Sunday? We would take the cruise line shuttle bus there. Shop explore and eat (llunch recommendations appreciated ) I really want to surprise him but don't want to get lost.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads