• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please critique the fit of my new suit

Greenduck

Reaction score
First, I've posted images of my new suit before under another username. An old account I forgot I had which I don't use anymore.

Anyway, I've been able to take som better images of my suit and would like some critique and comments regarding the fit. Personally I think and feel it fits very well, but what do I know
smile.gif

The suit is from Tiger of Sweden which makes rather slim-fitted suits. It's of the rack so no MTM or anything. Jacket sleeves and trousers were made shorter but I think the jacket sleeves length could be 1 cm shorter. Sorry for not showing full body shots. The image showing the back is not the best. I had to turn around to see if I were standing correctly and that made the suits wrinkle a bit. Also if you could comments the placement of the braces.

NEVERMIND THE HAIRCUT or facial expressions
smile.gif

fit01.jpg

fit02.jpg

fit03.jpg

fit04.jpg

fit05.jpg

Thanks in advance...

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
nice
right sleeve could be a little shorter
suspenders work best when the waist is a little larger.
your pants are too tight for the suspenders unless you want them as an accessory.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Greenduck
NEVERMIND THE HAIRCUT...

No, no, no, no, that's not how it works around here. You're not going to get away with it by just saying that...
smile.gif

(suit is OK; could use a some tidying up in a few places, but it's fine. I think the button position and the flow of the skirt below works very well for you. Shirtmaven is spot-on with the braces seeming unnecessary given the waist fit)

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shorten the sleeves. Let out the waist/seat if you;d like to wear braces with it. Otherwise, looks quite good. Oh, and switch up your knot to a four in hand.
teacha.gif

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks nice on you but the sleeve lenght and those wrinkles on the back that also some jackets does on me.

Greenduck

Reaction score
Thanks... I will probably take this to a tailor and get the few alterations done.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
No, no, no, no, that's not how it works around here. You're not going to get away with it by just saying that...
smile.gif

Darn, thought I could get away with it
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
your pants are too tight for the suspenders unless you want them as an accessory.
I'm only using the braces as an accessory. Just like the look of braces. The pants holds themselves in place without being too tight. I just wonder whether I look like a douche with braces... Might be a bit too young?

HPress

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Greenduck
I'm only using the braces as an accessory. Just like the look of braces. The pants holds themselves in place without being too tight. I just wonder whether I look like a douche with braces... Might be a bit too young?

I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think anyone in my circle would mind.

Martin Stall

Reaction score
Looks very decent. Sleeves must be shorter though. Also, the sleeve pitch should be set back, but that's a fairly big job (not too bad) but you really want a good tailor for that.

By the way, did I mention the hair? The hair
smile.gif

detroiter

Reaction score
I have wondered the same thing about braces, I am 30, but I am a banker so I think it could work. Id saw it probably depends on the profession, and where you are wearing the suit. IF you are a banker or in investment management, or an attorney you could pull them off. Working in IT or as an engineer, i think it would be odd.

Greenduck

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Martin Stall
Looks very decent. Sleeves must be shorter though. Also, the sleeve pitch should be set back, but that's a fairly big job (not too bad) but you really want a good tailor for that.

By the way, did I mention the hair? The hair
smile.gif

Okay, I think we've been focusing enough on the hair, haha
smile.gif
Should have put a smiley on top... But a little late for "should have"
smile.gif

Captain Winky

Reaction score
I'd have the back of the jacket let out a bit, but that's just me. I don't like the Tom Ford look where the back of the jacket essentially follows the curve of yourspine, but to each his own. I happen to like braces myself, and for me they're also more of an accessory, since the trousers I wear braces with tend to have side tabs. If you're wed to braces I'd have the belt loops taken off by the tailor.

Out of curiosity, do you plan on wearing this to a night club (Sorry, couldn't resist, look at the first page of threads in Men's Clothing for the reference
tongue.gif
)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads