• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Deco Range 2010

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cdmoore1855
Fritzl, yes I understand this

no doubt about it.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If this is the case, he clearly did not bring anything of quality to the show. I went there with Luk-Cha and Gazman and we are all Bespoke shoe guys and we all thought Paolo's shoes were absolute ****.

What specifically did the three of you not like about his shoes? As much as I love shoes, I won't pretend to be an expert. I will say, however, that when I wore my new Scafora's to the JL store, their bespoke guy had positive things to say about the pair.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
we are all Bespoke shoe guys and we all thought Paolo's shoes were absolute ****.

Thanks god for all you experts!

facepalm.gif
rotflmao.gif
plain.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
What specifically did the three of you not like about his shoes?

+1

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
He had RTW and Bespoke on display and neither of us could tell the difference between them. The shape and quality just did not look that good to us, and the fact that he wanted to charge us about 75% over the normal price left a sour taste. When I asked for the real price, he said that was the real price but as a favour we could order one of the shoes from the Bespoke collection and he would make it RTW at no extra charge. waste of time because they all looked the same quality to begin with

Maybe he is capable of good work, but his samples did not show off his capabilities.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkiula
G&G are nowhere near EG in terms of quality. They're quite far in fact. But G&G's last is marvellous. So very Italian. EG seems to me to be trending a little British with rounder, stubbier lasts.

Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Bold statement...what are you basing this on?

Exactly my reaction to this. My guess is not much if anything.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pics or it didn't happen.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
He had RTW and Bespoke on display and neither of us could tell the difference between them. The shape and quality just did not look that good to us, and the fact that he wanted to charge us about 75% over the normal price left a sour taste. When I asked for the real price, he said that was the real price but as a favour we could order one of the shoes from the Bespoke collection and he would make it RTW at no extra charge. waste of time because they all looked the same quality to begin with

Maybe he is capable of good work, but his samples did not show off his capabilities.

So, you basically think his shoes were "absolute ****" because of the pricing?
confused.gif

As an aside, he makes his RTW and bespoke shoes to the same level of construction (i.e. the quality of the leathers, amount of handwork etc. is the same). That's why (in the U.S. and most elsewhere) he charges only ~25% more for the bespoke. Lattanzi, for example, does the same.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Handmadeshoes
It's definitely happening, I have seen them in person but that is all i can say

Sorry for my long absence without writing but over the weekend I was away in Kettering, England (near Northampton)

http://the-shoe-snob.blogspot.com/
There are two shoe manufacturers in Kettering (used to be far more): Loake and Gaziano-Girling.

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
So, you basically think his shoes were "absolute ****" because of the pricing?
confused.gif

As an aside, he makes his RTW and bespoke shoes to the same level of construction (i.e. the quality of the leathers, amount of handwork etc. is the same). That's why (in the U.S. and most elsewhere) he charges only ~25% more for the bespoke. Lattanzi, for example, does the same.

Based on pricing. I went there knowing what he normally charges and saw shoes that were not particularly great, then I get told they are about 3,000 Euros a pair. Which I know is just a massive mark up. Based on that they were very poor value for money. Even at half that price I was not impressed

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads