• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN Challenge : Best Casual Friday - WINNER HAS BEEN DECIDED

Made in California

Reaction score
Edit: I didn't even notice that the poll goes until Oct. 11. However I stand by my vote.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I voted for Newyorkranger because he is the one who really looks like he is enjoying his Friday. Also, bonus points for the beard. My second choice would be TC (Houston,) except that he is wearing questionable looking jeans. If you are really in Houston, you should go to Mortar (www.shopmortar.com), a new affiliate of ours (make sure they know you want the Styleforum discount,) who can set up you with a really good pair of jeans. Then you'd probably deserve to win

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Funny, that. I wanted to vote for NYR but TC (Houston) looks pretty damn sharp. I'm generally biased against sockless looks, but the look is good enough to overcome that.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Vox by a nose over Doc. I don't get this "not casual enough" thing. It's not a streetwear for MC challenge. I like NYR's getup too, but Vox's is extraordinary.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I voted for UbranConsumption. That's something I'd wear. Although I guess as Baron said it's more of a SW getup.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not that SW getups should be discounted. It's more that I don't understand the nicer casuals being disqualified as if they weren't actually casual.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
I liked a lot of the casuals, but too many in jackets...not casual enough for me. So between Holdfast, GShen, UC, Niidawg, hobscrk777, and luftvier, my vote goes to...

the man who raised the casual, and passed the Pa bar! Besides, I'd be curious to see what he'd pick as the next challenge.

Yeah, I voted for you cause I guy w. rolled sleeves, a beard and a beer sounds a lot more casual to me. Most of the other posters are like "guys a wore a SPORTCOAT AND BLUTCHERS, HOW MUCH MORE CASUAL CAN I GET!!"

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Not that SW getups should be discounted. It's more that I don't understand the nicer casuals being disqualified as if they weren't actually casual.
I know it is "business casual" but somehow I was looking for a certain carefree attitude and I got it from this NYR pic and less the others. Bonus points for TC cause he keeps a snake in his office...

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i can't believe people are justifying calling a tie and a jacket as casual wear.

i can forgive the jacket ... but a tie? the Vox koolaid must be really addictive. drink on partners!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gshen and doc get honorary mention. MC, needs to learn about high end denim and chinos.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I vote for PG.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
i can't believe people are justifying calling a tie and a jacket as casual wear.

i can forgive the jacket ... but a tie? the Vox koolaid must be really addictive. drink on partners!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I wouldn't tangle with Baron...he's one of the few guys here who out-swaggers you.

Mine wasn't a contest entry, but there's nothing formal about a necktie with tweed.

Originally Posted by NorCal
Gshen and doc get honorary mention. MC, needs to learn about high end denim and chinos.

I'm wearing SFx5EP denim, a Selfedge shirt from Al's, Redwing GTs, and a Belstaff vintage Trialmaster from the early 1950s, talking a brief break from apple picking in a beautiful New England orchard, brilliant with fall color.

I challenge anyone to be more dressed by the Interwebs today.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics