• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN Challenge : Best Casual Friday - WINNER HAS BEEN DECIDED

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1038952988_6rEvk-X3.jpg
Pee Wee? Is that you?
reubens-pee-wee.jpg

BBC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newcomer
Doc for me. Vox would get my vote, but his outfit is not casual enough, and I feel that he is above being voted for.

You can wear a tie and still be casual. Vox is sending out all the casual signals possible: bluchers, odd jacket, patch pockets, swelled edges. I'd have preferred a button-down collar, but not everyone's perfect
teacha.gif

That said, Doc's fair isle carried it for me, Vox a close second, and UrbanComposition third (fantastic shawl-collared sweater).

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vote thrice for Threadbearer...

all-seeing-eye(2).gif

...thrice for Threadbearer...

Freemasonry--Square+n+Comps,+Eye+in+Triangle,+JPEG+file+00009b.JPG

...thrice for Threadbearer.

bermuda.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I liked a lot of the casuals, but too many in jackets...not casual enough for me. So between Holdfast, GShen, UC, Niidawg, hobscrk777, and luftvier, my vote goes to...

the man who raised the casual, and passed the Pa bar! Besides, I'd be curious to see what he'd pick as the next challenge.

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took Casual Friday as business casual, what you would wear to the office if the rest of the week you were wearing suits. For me that means SC, probably no tie.

Tough decision, but will go with PG on this one.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
EDIT - IM AN IDIOT AND FORGOT TO INCLUDE PHAT GUIDO.
facepalm.gif
So I will be tallying "verbal" votes for Phatty - if you choose to vote for Phat Guido, respond to the thread saying so, and I will count that towards the final poal count. Same rules apply, only one vote per person though.

hey jerk you forgot me! fake edit: it's ok I'd have won anyways and I don't want to win

Made in California

Reaction score
I previously thought my vote only mattered if I chose either NODB or TC (Houston). Between those two the choice was obvious: NODB has a good, standard casual Friday look. TC, on the other hand, has an awesome pocket square, no socks, a cooler jacket, and is wearing an overly casual pair of jeans which contrasts well with the care put into the square/jacket. I wish I could have been the tie breaker instead of the tie maker, but it is what it is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads