• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Operation Paprika

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Attack the opinion, not the man ...

that was not an attack...

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
This thread contains entirely too many classy broads and is screaming for something a bit trashy. Enjoy.

bull
i fear your photo inappropriate
you should have poasted something moar keeping with the thread

eg:

100_0987.jpg

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
that was not an attack...
Of course it was. Now that we have clarified the meaning of "incredibly obscure" -- sorry, I didn't realize you weren't a native English speaker -- would you still believe these shoes to be as incredible if they were part of a new fine footwear brand launched by Adidas?
op03.jpg
Or is it because they were made by the Grizzled Hungarian Man?
op01.jpg
I understand the appeal of artisanship and fine craftsmanship. But although I am not too good (yet) at building an attractive outfit, I do have a pretty good eye for art. And just because a person has character and technical expertise does not make the end result art.
220px-ThomasKinkadeOct2005.jpg
I am not trying to be a dickwad here, or to **** in your Cheerios. I just question that there's anything substantially interesting about these shoes beyond the mystique of their obscurity.... in other words, how difficult they are to obtain.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understand what BB says. I wouldn't wear these shoes, I don't like the aesthetics. However, if they were my style I would be excited about owning a very rare pair of shoes that no one else I was ever going to meet would own. Granted, of course, the quality is on par with the price.

op03.jpg

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
Of course it was.

no it wasn't. imo, you just tend to act like a whiny little boy.

Originally Posted by bleachboy
I am not trying to be a dickwad here, or to **** in your Cheerios. I just question that there's anything substantially interesting about these shoes beyond the mystique of their obscurity.... in other words, how difficult they are to obtain.

you try very hard...

question, whatever you want... ...i don't care.

in the particular picture I linked to this thread, your shoes look rather bulky. so what. that's what it all was about.

now, i have seen some pairs of yours, i can tell you that i don't like chiseled shoes, especially the 888 last. it lacks of proportions and what not. just my opinion.

the paprika you pictured here, is probably one of the nicest, i have seen. subject to the fact you like the general aesthetics of shoes coming from this area.

believe it or not, you have to see them in person to make up your mind. it's still not given, you might like them, but it's different.

finally, i think this is a discussion around the emperors beard, so be it.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
100_0987.jpg

you like it the homeade(bespoke) sauerkraut? it's delicious. oh wait, let me think what's the dutch contribution to the world of culinary? ah, a bit of cheese. nvm.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
I understand what BB says. I wouldn't wear these shoes, I don't like the aesthetics. However, if they were my style I would be excited about owning a very rare pair of shoes that no one else I was ever going to meet would own. Granted, of course, the quality is on par with the price.

op03.jpg

you're welcome.

thank you for your kind words and your contribution.

unfortunately, i don't know what kind of shoes are in your rotation, sorry.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
bull
i fear your photo inappropriate
you should have poasted something moar keeping with the thread

eg:

100_0987.jpg

She doesn't need antiquing..

Pure vintage,rustic style...

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh wait, let me think what's the dutch contribution to the world of culinary is? ah, a bit of cheese. nvm.

sergio1239261b.jpg

Click.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
sergio1239261b.jpg

Click.

are you kidding me?

this is so close to belgium and sergio is a typical dutch name.
laugh.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are you kidding me?

this is so close to belgium and sergio is a typical dutch name.
laugh.gif

Wehehe. He is ours! Totally and completely!
(Sergio and Carlo are very Dutch names...)

And we have another one.

071025071025lufthansajo.jpg

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sure you have, as we do in austria.

but, what really bothers me is the attitude of your fellow countrymen.

he has a lot of cred around and probably it's deserved. i only know the dark side... nvm.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sure you have, as we do in austria.

Okay, okay.

Now go vote for me"”I'm wearing paprika coloured suede shoes. And the trousers are green paprika.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Okay, okay.

Now go vote for me"”I'm wearing paprika coloured suede shoes. And the trousers are green paprika.

i don't know which kind of paprika looks like rusty suede, but i was a proponent of your green trousers from the beginning.

i voted for IST66, cause he and Urban Composition have the best mix over the whole period of a year. i know that UC joined recently, but it's predictable.

your style is too close to mine. so i couldn't loose the feeling that i vote for myself, though i would love to have a spoo bead. i have to ask spoo, how many beads i get for one paprika...

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't know which kind of paprika looks like rusty suede, but i was a proponent of your green trousers from the beginning.

paprikapoeder.jpg

i voted for IST66, cause he and Urban Composition have the best mix over the whole period of a year. i know that UC joined recently, but it's predictable.

your style is too close to mine. so i couldn't loose the feeling that i vote for myself, though i would love to have a spoo bead. i have to ask spoo, how many beads i get for one paprika...

Hehe. Good for you then, not to have given in to your vanity...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads