• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kvnknrd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
want allsaints knockoff of that in mens version for $600, thanks
I'm the guy who got the allsaints jacket and I just wanted to say if you are thinking about purchasing a leather jacket from them, do not feel hesitant about it. The jacket is even more beautiful with a month of wear and I get constant compliments about it. I just hate having to tell people how much it was and where it's from because they want one for themselves lol. AS just got a new jacket in that I have a serious boner for but i've gone almost broke http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/new/...choc/mlj540-29 love the "cuffs" and the high waistline.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kvnknrd
I'm the guy who got the allsaints jacket and I just wanted to say if you are thinking about purchasing a leather jacket from them, do not feel hesitant about it. The jacket is even more beautiful with a month of wear and I get constant compliments about it. I just hate having to tell people how much it was and where it's from because they want one for themselves lol. AS just got a new jacket in that I have a serious boner for but i've gone almost broke

Really? I tried on a couple over the summer and I didn't like the feel of the leather at all. I'm sure it's more of a piece-by-piece thing, but AllSaints is operating at ToJ pricing without making ToJ product.

Edicron

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Really? I tried on a couple over the summer and I didn't like the feel of the leather at all. I'm sure it's more of a piece-by-piece thing, but AllSaints is operating at ToJ pricing without making ToJ product.

Probably made for looks than to last long or be a high quality product. Mass appeal sells.

gboyle138

Reaction score
I've purchased a couple AllSaints pieces and I think they make decent stuff. Not on par with S.W.O.R.D. or higher quality stuff obviously, but for $400-500 I feel they are fairly priced.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot

ToJ makes minimal, classic pieces. All Saints makes dramatic pieces inspired by industrial and hardcore a la Julius or Rick Owens. Not the same thing at all

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryanmnguyen
Really like this wjk:

tumblr_l9qqryGx4Z1qc0hxzo1_500.jpg

Wow I like it a lot too. That color is pretty phenomenal

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gboyle138
I've purchased a couple AllSaints pieces and I think they make decent stuff. Not on par with S.W.O.R.D. or higher quality stuff obviously, but for $400-500 I feel they are fairly priced.

Does SWORD make quality jackets? I rarely see them mentioned here but some of their leathers look decent from pics but always been sketchy on quality.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
What a cock

Some guy stepped on my margiela sneaks at this dirty hipster bar and I exploded at him

you go to a "dirty hipster bar" and then are surprised someone steps on your shoes? you probably looked crazy when you yelled at him.

a) why would you wear shoes you really care about to a dirty hipster bar
b) unless your MMMs are white and suede, who cares
c) MMM gat's are comfy sneakers, not something you wear on a red carpet. so again, who cares really
d) its not a reasonable expectation to go to a bar and expect people to politely tip toe around.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would have taken better care of those MMMs

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sq your such a douche Whats even the point of explaining anything, you just assume what you like anyway
laugh.gif

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
ToJ makes minimal, classic pieces. All Saints makes dramatic pieces inspired by industrial and hardcore a la Julius or Rick Owens. Not the same thing at all

They're definitely from different schools of thought, but it's not like AllSaints is doing experimental structural ****, they're putting things on basic leather jackets and then distressing them to fit the feel better. If the patterning or the material quality is off, it doesn't matter how cool and hardcore your design is; for me at least, more esoteric pieces need to be better-made so that they don't look like costumes.

They're going for different things, but they're still fitted blouson-length leather outerwear pieces. Some measures of value still apply.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
I would have taken better care of those MMMs

Normally you're just clueless but this is actually an incredibly douchey thing to say. Imagine you go visit your friend and he has lung cancer, and you say "Well, I wouldn't have smoked all those cigarettes." This is like that; we don't need you acting like you know what to do with Margiela sneakers.

**** man you don't even take care of your ****, you bought those **** shoes and then didn't buy polish for them because you didn't want to spend the three dollars and 10 minute walk to duane reade to triple the life of your shoes.

You don't own nice ****, you buy dumb "designer-ish" pieces instead of the real thing (like those ugly Puma mids -- which, by the way, I wouldn't have gotten paint on), you've managed to learn less about fashion than me despite living in NYC, and you top it off by being a dick.

tl;dr Cool the Kid needs to STFU for like three months.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
12254a885fadccc3b.gif
sorry willy i know that's your job

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads