• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Trying some of this Nikka Taketsuru 12y blended malt that I bought on sale cheap and never got around to. Laph QC has been on my mind mostly. :love: http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/Pro...N%2fTAK3&w=270 It's good, very gold, a lot of dried fruit in it, dates and raisins I think? Very easy going, with some interesting tastes.

Steve Thomas

Reaction score
Just had my morning meal replacement drink:

1 banana
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons almond butter
ice cubes
Splenda to flavor (2 packets)

Blend 'til smooth

Drink away...

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve Thomas
Just had my morning meal replacement drink:

1 banana
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons almond butter
ice cubes
Splenda to flavor (2 packets)

Blend 'til smooth

Drink away...

You forgot to say what kind of booze you add to that. I would go with a dark rum myself.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
You forgot to say what kind of booze you add to that. I would go with a dark rum myself.

Seconded, definately a dark rum drink.

... Hey, speaking of dark rums, I have a question: Fruitcake season's coming up and my default choice has been a handle of Bacardi Select. Well, I used up the last of the Select, and wonder if there's anything else out there worth trying that's not too far outside the price range (and available in a handle if possible).

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to drink Gulden Draak today. I'm a beer newb. What are your opinions on the beer? I'd like to have some idea where I am when I drink it. What I mean is, can I expect to be drinking the Talisker of beer (strong and distinctive flavor that overwhelms) or the Macallan, or what? If you could draw an analogy to spirits in some way, that would be helpful.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
I'm going to drink Gulden Draak today. I'm a beer newb. What are your opinions on the beer? I'd like to have some idea where I am when I drink it. What I mean is, can I expect to be drinking the Talisker of beer (strong and distinctive flavor that overwhelms) or the Macallan, or what? If you could draw an analogy to spirits in some way, that would be helpful.
Gulden Drak is different than most tripels in that it's dark - most dark belgians are dubbels. It's strong both in taste & alcohol: on the sweet side, very malty, but with a fruity spice that is typical for belgians. It's a great beer; you could do far, far worse. Drink it alongside the Piraat for a good comparison.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight: My signature White Martini, some Gewurtztraminer, and now a Vieux Carre with Carpano.

~ H

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liam_680
water. I'd like to stay healthy and with all the benefits water would give to my body compared to any alcoholic drink.. I'd rather take that sacrifice and enjoy a healthier body in the long run

Why did you feel the need to tell us that? We don't care.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liam_680
water. I'd like to stay healthy and with all the benefits water would give to my body compared to any alcoholic drink.. I'd rather take that sacrifice and enjoy a healthier body in the long run

Hey, I'm glad you're healthy, and I tend towards that way myself, but this isn't really the thread for healthy drinks. I don't mention the coffee, water, gatorade, and absinthe that make up my daily coping mechanisms, nor do I mention the solvents I huff to get through the work-day. This is the Drinking-drinking thread.

Anyway
cheers.gif
to your good health.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Budweiser, brewed under license by Oriental Brewery, South Korea. X 6

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i3hTB.jpg
Last night, I love this beer. It's too bad that it's near impossible to find sour beers in Ontario... Although Chimay Red is basically the cheapest thing ever which is a nice touch.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still tastes ok, but definitely past its prime.
confused.gif

dscn5876.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads