• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter Parka/Jackets

thinksyncopated

Reaction score
you mean ll bean signature? what size are you usually/what are your measurements?

Originally Posted by MiniW
I bought the LL bean down coat but had to return it because the fit was horrid. The S fit like Med and the sleeves were super baggy. It was warm though. Even was layering it wouldn't have looked good IMO. Maybe if LL Bean canvas put out a version?

dave333

Reaction score
I'm currently at midd college in vermont. Is a wool peacoat with some layers going to cut it? or do i need some heavier stuff?

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the LL bean down coat but had to return it because the fit was horrid. The S fit like Med and the sleeves were super baggy. It was warm though. Even was layering it wouldn't have looked good IMO. Maybe if LL Bean canvas put out a version?
What's your height/weight/size?

exzebache

Reaction score
Any recommendations on parkas? Considering going with this (from LL Bean) as the price isn't bad. Not sure about the fit, though. Based on MiniW's experience, I'm hesitant.

AAAACzOIus0AAAAAAI0Krg.jpg

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave333
I'm currently at midd college in vermont. Is a wool peacoat with some layers going to cut it? or do i need some heavier stuff?

you need a ******* space suit dogg, that place is cold as balls

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Find Finn
Canada
tongue.gif

Canadian prices are already half of what they retail for in the rest of the world.
plain.gif

still expensive as hell

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
you need a ******* space suit dogg, that place is cold as balls

+1

Unless it's one of those serious wool peacoats made of the extra heavy wool and lined and ****. Just a regular sterlingwear surplus one is not gonna be enough at all for winter. Will be fine for most of fall and early spring though. In a city it's not quite as bad because you're usually on salted sidewalks or going from subway to building to bus kinda thing so you're not outside quite as often but if you're in vermont it's gonna be a bit more "rustic". Prob should just cave and get a superwarm down jacket with a hood and waterproof. Could probably scoop one up on ebay or something if you didn't want to pay a bunch for a non-stylish jacket

Scooba

Reaction score
Does anyone know if LL Bean ever has online sales or coupon codes? I just signed up for their website. I have never owned anything from LL Bean. I want a winter coat but am hoping to save a little on it but don't want to just sit around waiting if they never offer discounts. Thanks.

ma1

Reaction score

yeah that's what i thought, not worth getting unless your big enough to size down

asdf

Reaction score
I just got this. Sized down slightly (I'm a 42-44 and bought a Large). Fit is quite slim, has the matte finish, down fill, and insulated hood I was looking for.

It's also on-sale in-store right now.

Must take seam-ripper to the sleeve-badge now.

tit_tyrant

Reaction score
Damn, trying to decide between that LL Bean jacket ^ or a ToJ winter varsity. At under half the price, I think I'm going to have to use the LL Bean coupon and just save up to cop a DR or bomber next year

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have my doubts about how the LL bean jacket actually looks in person...but i dont mind taking the chance because it should be easy to return

choojk

Reaction score
^^ thanks for the info, gonna get my hands on 1.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads