• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joz411no

Reaction score
I'd pay good money to own those shoes in my size. I could also imagine a cap toe, balmoral boot in a Ravello grain.

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trunks206
^God those are nice!

Hey quick question guys, all this talk of wearing shoes in the rain has me a little scared. I live in Seattle and I dont want to destroy my shoes do to our wet weather, so is there any suggestions as to how to protect the soles of my shoes from having a similar experience as halberdklown? I got not wearing them two days in a row but is their anything else? And from what I have read its a no-go for shell in the rain altogether, right? If so that sucks, god know when I will get to wear them for a major part of the year.

thanks in advance everyone!

Perhaps try a leather sole moisturizer of some sort? They're supposed to keep moisture out, though not 100% waterproof

Collinil is a legit brand. Not sure where to get it in US though.
http://www.collonil.net/en/produkte/...id=54530001000

theuglylover

Reaction score
Would applying sno seal or mink oil to leather soles work, or is that a dumb idea?

SLAB

Reaction score
well, seems i'm not the only one to suffer from the excessive wear problem with the crepe soles models. I own a pair of Roy boots and although i've only worn them only a couple of days (not consecutive days) i've noticed some disproportionate wear on the tip of the leather part where it meets the crepe soles. Perhaps it's about the way i walk? In any case I would definitely not recommend these crepe soled models for rainy days as i seem to slip constantly on all kinds of terrain. Please bear in mind its the leather tip part that makes it slippery. A Vibram all crepe sole might do the trick.

I wonder if you have all leather soles, will they also suffer and degrade quickly in wet surroundings?
I've noticed some boots have waterlock oiled leather soles. Better to go with those kind of soles when living in areas where it rains a lot i suppose?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jasonfoote303
Wearing shell in the rain is fine! Just make sure to let it dry properly. No biggie.
Any tip on letting it dry properly? Thanks.
smile.gif

rolling green

Reaction score
someone requested pics of roys and jeans with smaller leg opening. iphone pics

5059278099_b728203107.jpg

5059278173_324dfc61e3.jpg
[/url]

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77
Well, if you had them in 10 D or 10.5 D I'd take them off your hands
wink.gif

smile.gif
I didn't say I didn't like them.
Besides, they're 11D.

They've gone up $16 since I bought mine 2 years ago.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Morgan
Not original material, but a cross-post from shoe damage thread in MC board. I searched for them in this thread but didn't find them, and thought they should be shared. They're not mine - these belong to Srivats, who obviously knows how to care for cordovan. Of the many Alden designs I've seen, these are easily among the top 5, enhanced by their gorgeous patina (and good photography).

Thank you - those are my favourite shoes in my entire collection.

Biggen

Reaction score
Have a question about going up in width on the Indy that I hope someone might be able to help me with. If I go up in width from E to EE, will the heel area also become slightly bigger?

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggen
Have a question about going up in width on the Indy that I hope someone might be able to help me with. If I go up in width from E to EE, will the heel area also become slightly bigger?

Yes. Typically, an E width has a 'C' heel and an EE width has a 'D' heel. I believe the difference is roughly 1/8"

William S.

Reaction score
Alden Indy boots in cordovan - just spoke with a rep. at Gilbert footwear who told me Alden was now hand stitching the mock-toe on all the cordovan orders. I was already to purchase till I found this out, as I prefer the plainer machine stitching. Does anyone have any leads as to who my have pair of 9Ds ? Leather Soul doesn't sound like they'll be making another order anytime soon - and if so I wonder if they'll go with hand or machine stitch ?

Any other boot recommendations ?

Kind regards,

Will S.

P.S. if anyone has a pair of 9D cordovan indy boots they'd part with give me a shout !

JonB27

Reaction score
Finally made it to Leather Soul BH location, nice store, was planning on buying some boots and some long wings but didn't have my size... I'll definitely check back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads