• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

triad

Reaction score
Hi, if I wear size 10D in LL Bean Katahdin boots, what size should I get for the thorogood 685? Should I get 10D as well?

Thanks!

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the blackwatch fit on the model is just so...
Nice+%26+Smooth+-+Ain%27t+A+Damn+Thing+Changed+%5BFront%5D.jpg
I made the absolute right choice. Thanks Mike.

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pistolero
From the item description...pardon the noob question, but how would one accomplish this?
Just wear it. It's a hand-knit wool garment; it'll conform to your body some as you wear it. Mine has. Legendarily, if you hand wash a knit you can reshape it when it's wet. I tend to wash knits about once or twice every calendar year, max, and wouldn't advocate washing if you don't absolutely need to, but that's probably an option, too. EDIT: This is the wash information from the website:
CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Hand wash in cold water and lay flat to dry. If washed in hot water, the sweater will felt and shrink; if hung up when wet, it will stretch. The Northern Watters Knitwear Guarantee: Northern Watters Knitwear offers a maintenance program, whereby if your sweater ever pills, or if you get a pull in it, the company will fix it free of charge, for life.
Again, I wouldn't wash it when you first get it. It will fit itself to your body, most likely. What size Epaulet shirt do you wear? There's a chart on the page linked above that should help.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
the blackwatch fit on the model is just so...

Nice+%26+Smooth+-+Ain%27t+A+Damn+Thing+Changed+%5BFront%5D.jpg

I made the absolute right choice. Thanks Mike.

This reference affirms my belief we'd get along famously in real life. I'd even "rhyme slow" and let you be the one to "rhyme fast."

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
This reference affirms my belief we'd get along famously in real life.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I'd even "rhyme slow" and let you be the one to "rhyme fast."
Sounds wonderfully kinky.

pistolero

Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77
Just wear it. It's a hand-knit wool garment; it'll conform to your body some as you wear it. Mine has.

Legendarily, if you hand wash a knit you can reshape it when it's wet. I tend to wash knits about once or twice every calendar year, max, and wouldn't advocate washing if you don't absolutely need to, but that's probably an option, too.

EDIT: This is the wash information from the website:

Again, I wouldn't wash it when you first get it. It will fit itself to your body, most likely. What size Epaulet shirt do you wear? There's a chart on the page linked above that should help.

I actually don't own any Epaulet shirts; based on the measurements I'd probably take a large, except they appear to be about an inch too short in sleeve and body length for me.
ffffuuuu.gif

But if the sweater can stretch an inch in length, I might be in business..

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Should I have just linked the video and/or tagged "no ****" to the end of that? edit: directed toward Mista Temple

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by racknac
are the v-necks going to be posted soon?
Yup, should be early next week. They came out great!
Originally Posted by SeventyFive
And the size 36 sweaters are already gone...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by nycxandy
Yeah, cleaned out when I checked at 8 pm.
Sorry guys, we had very limited stock in this size and they went quickly. But two notes: 1. If you take a Small in our shirts, you can definitely wear a 38. Two of our best in-store customers - both of whom regularly buy Small shirts and would take a 36R jacket - bought 38's this week and they looked great. The sizing on this item isn't really that sensitive. You'd only really need the 36 if you're a true XS. Other than that, you could really wear either. 2. I've got more on-order. Production time is actually pretty quick, so I anticipate getting the restock in about 4 weeks. Please PM me if you'd like to reserve a unit.

acl1

Reaction score
How much would the shawl cardi weigh for a size 40?

SeventyFive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
1. If you take a Small in our shirts, you can definitely wear a 38. Two of our best in-store customers - both of whom regularly buy Small shirts and would take a 36R jacket - bought 38's this week and they looked great. The sizing on this item isn't really that sensitive. You'd only really need the 36 if you're a true XS. Other than that, you could really wear either.

I think I'll try the 38. Now just to decide on the color...

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ughhh I'm dying here. I am praying my cardi gets here today. Been expecting it the last two days and it still hasn't arrived. Mussssttt haaavvveee.
ffffuuuu.gif

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what color cardis has everybody picked up?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads