• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Enough with the lifestyle photos

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Her nose could support 3-4 more pairs of sunglasses.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Her nose could support 3-4 more pairs of sunglasses.
and by the way that gut and those thunder thighs are coming along she should maybe cut down on the pastries.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
and by the way that gut and those thunder thighs are coming along she should maybe cut down on the pastries.
Seriously. They are the worst form of "lifestyle" photos. The location isn't that impressive, the photos suck, and they're accompanied by smug captions implying that this douche is baller. 1. Your "crew" is a guy in a hurley tshirt, a fat guy in a wrinkly button up, and a brooke hogan look-a-like. 2. Finding people with enough free time isn't your problem. I'm guessing that neither you nor your friends can afford high tea everyday. If you had it all the time you wouldn't feel the need to take pictures of it. 3. No one across the pool is paying attention to you. Look at the picture. Not one person is even looking in your general direction. Just like styleforum, they don't care that you took a picture of some girls ass. You can afford a room that costs $500 a night. Cool. I'm happy for you. Just don't post the "evidence" on the internet because no one gives a flying ****.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Seriously. They are the worst form of "lifestyle" photos. The location isn't that impressive, the photos suck, and they're accompanied by smug captions implying that this douche is baller.

1. Your "crew" is a guy in a hurley tshirt, a fat guy in a wrinkly button up, and a brooke hogan look-a-like.
2. Finding people with enough free time isn't your problem. I'm guessing that neither you nor your friends can afford high tea everyday. If you had it all the time you wouldn't feel the need to take pictures of it.
3. No one across the pool is paying attention to you. Look at the picture. Not one person is even looking in your general direction. Just like styleforum, they don't care that you took a picture of some girls ass.

You can afford a room that costs $500 a night. Cool. I'm happy for you. Just don't post the "evidence" on the internet because no one gives a flying ****.

I'm not certain what's more hilarious. Your lengthy reply or the fact that you couldn't tell that I made the post in jest...to highlight the kind of post this thread is about.
plain.gif

1. I don't care what they look like. They're friends who I treated to a week in L.A. that we all enjoyed very much.
2. Yeah, it actually is my problem. I work for myself for about 20hrs per week. Most of my friends aren't as financially capable...I take pictures everyday...not of stuff but of the people I spend my time with.
3. I didn't care about them either and I didn't take that picture of her ass. I'm as gay as a french horn player

The room was $1400...not that it matters or that I mentioned it. Stop projecting.

Perhaps the problem with people posting pics of what they're wearing, where they're going/etc is the other people who find it necessary to insult them based on their own perceptions...either way...you should calm the **** down since you don't give a flying ****.

Usul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CouttsClient
I'm not certain what's more hilarious. Your lengthy reply or the fact that you couldn't tell that I made the post in jest...to highlight the kind of post this thread is about.
plain.gif

1. I don't care what they look like. They're friends who I treated to a week in L.A. that we all enjoyed very much.
2. Yeah, it actually is my problem. I work for myself for about 20hrs per week. Most of my friends aren't as financially capable...I take pictures everyday...not of stuff but of the people I spend my time with.
3. I didn't care about them either and I didn't take that picture of her ass. I'm as gay as a french horn player
The room was $1400...not that it matters or that I mentioned it. Stop projecting.

Perhaps the problem with people posting pics of what they're wearing, where they're going/etc is the other people who find it necessary to insult them based on their own perceptions...either way...you should calm the **** down since you don't give a flying ****.

I resent this.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
it used to be about the music maaaan

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
laugh.gif

No, I really mean that.

You're a mod. Can't you bring back teh dood who drank his own pee?

Then, it will be like before.

- B

I think you are confusing this thread with another. I never claimed the existence of a prelapsarian version of the forum. Matt pointed out that this has been going on for years.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out how green my grass is this summer.

john-travolta-driveway.jpg

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's winner wants us all to know that (some of) his wine is French, and that Renoir was French, too. Thus, there are several French things in his home, which must accordingly be overflowing with European-style ambiance. Or perhaps he wishes us to know that he appreciates fine art, but only when paired with alcohol produced in the same country as the artist. The symmetry is mindblowing.
DSC00019.jpg

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Today's winner wants us all to know that (some of) his wine is French, and that Renoir was French, too. Thus, there are several French things in his home, which must accordingly be overflowing with European-style ambiance.

Or perhaps he wishes us to know that he appreciates fine art, but only when paired with alcohol produced in the same country as the artist. The symmetry is mindblowing.

DSC00019.jpg

Don't forget that he wants us to know he can afford electricity and lamps. You know, the finer things in life.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pscolari
Don't forget that he wants us to know he can afford electricity and lamps. You know, the finer things in life.
I think this is important, priorities are important. Some of the people in SW&D wear expensive clothing but apparently live in a lean-to.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
I think you are confusing this thread with another. I never claimed the existence of a prelapsarian version of the forum. Matt pointed out that this has been going on for years.

FWIW, my sporadic digest of WAYWRN is largely purged of LSPs. It is arduous to edit it down, though.

Maybe I'll take a shot at the last six weeks this week.

- B

Usul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
I think this is important, priorities are important. Some of the people in SW&D wear expensive clothing but apparently live in a lean-to.

I also resent this.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus

its not their fault their parents live in a shithole

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
its not their fault their parents live in a shithole

I see what you did here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads