• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Edina size phail! 750ml $10.80 1 2008 Conti di Buscareto Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi (Italy, Marche, Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi) set... 750ml $19.00 2 2005 Demarie Roero (Italy, Piedmont, Alba, Roero) set... 750ml $43.14 1 2003 Mauro Molino Barolo Vigna Gallinotto (Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo) 2010-2020 IWC91, CT88 750ml $29.80 2 2005 Parusso Barolo 35ªANNATA Bussian, LeCoste, Mosconi (Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo) 2010-2017 CT89.5 750ml $36.25 2 2004 Pertinace Barbaresco Vigneto Marcarini (Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barbaresco) 2010-2016 CT89 750ml $22.80 2 2004 Luigi Righetti Amarone della Valpolicella Classico Capitel De' Roari (Italy, Veneto, Valpolicella, Amarone della Valpolicella Classico) 2008-2012 CT89.3 Hah! I have some eye-tie juice.
It is too bad that you'll have to drink all that. [/iammatt]

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just as I was about to order, I noticed Cellar Tracker indicated I had well over 100 bottles pending between now and Xmas so I've pulled the plug.

lol8[1].gif

Nice hiatus, there big guy! You're worse than me. My CT indicates I have 57 bottles pending and I haven't been on a buying hiatus. You make me feel good about myself.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Yesterday was my day off, but I thought it would put in a few good vibes for me if I volunteered to help the sommelier with inventory of the cellar. During my work, I found a nice little gem.

I made the offer that if he and I opened it and split it, I would volunteer to not get paid for the hours I worked that day. He declined my offer
confused.gif

drool.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
lol8[1].gif

Nice hiatus, there big guy! You're worse than me. My CT indicates I have 57 bottles pending and I haven't been on a buying hiatus. You make me feel good about myself.

Well, to be fair to myself, some of those bottles have been pending since March.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, to be fair to myself, some of those bottles have been pending since March.

One case of mine is from 4/7. The rest is July to Sept. purchases.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

Hah! I have some eye-tie juice.

10 total bottles of 6 different eye-tie wines. 10 of 6. Crap, I had 4 different eye-ties this past weekend alone! You will phail that part of the test if you do not get crackin'!

Originally Posted by iammatt
Am I that bitter?

Originally Posted by iammatt
No, no, no. Some of us like good wine, and others like Italian wine.

laugh.gif

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These will be for this weekend when family is in town for Thanksgiving. The Margaux was purchased about 18 years ago by my father so here's hoping it's still good. Plan is to decant it.

DSC00019.jpg

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
nice list - decant the Margaux to remove the sediment, but you won't need to do the 2-3 hours for young red wines like the Chat-du-Pape there.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
does "I don't have any of that varietal left" include nebbiolo, sangeovese, trebbiano, barbera, dolcetto, vermentino, montepulciano, corvina, nero d'avola, moscato, arneis, negroamaro, aglianico, sagrantino, tocai friulano, or verdicchio?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
fing02[1].gif
fing02[1].gif
fing02[1].gif

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
nice list - decant the Margaux to remove the sediment, but you won't need to do the 2-3 hours for young red wines like the Chat-du-Pape there.

Do you think the Pape will really need that long to fully open up? I never decant newer wines.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
Do you think the Pape will really need that long to fully open up? I never decant newer wines.

I would myself, 2 hrs or so. It's the newer wines that need aeration to open up, not the older ones. You decant the older ones mostly just for sediment removal.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Opened a bottle of the Coudoulet de Beaucastel. Love this wine. Really yummy. Good QPR for a $28 wine.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
07 Loring, Garys' Vineyard. Nice Pinot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads