• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marini Shoes?

Pastafarian

Reaction score
Has anybody had any experience with them?

I see a deal on a pair for 150 bucks. I've done some research on the topic but there seem to be several different makers of Marini. One is C. Marini and one is G. Marini?

The G. Marini is supposed to be the bespoke line and completely hand made in Italy.

Any opinion would be appreciated.

Pastafarian

Reaction score
Why not?

I see the same exact name. And made in Italia.

Perhaps a lower line?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pastafarian
Why not?

I see the same exact name. And made in Italia.

Perhaps a lower line?

Perhaps they've licensed their name.
But it seems that the shoes you've shown are so
much lower.

Lobb RTW is extremely high end so not that different
from Lobb Bespoke, except for the fact that they are
bespoke. The Marini's you've shown do not even appear to be
remotely in the same category as Marini Bespoke.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
first off, a shoe cannot be bespoke unless you go and get your foot measured and they make a last that represents your foot. And if the shoe is truly hand-made which is now just a thrown around term in the shoe industry then the shoe will not cost less than $2000 because anything less would be taking very low if not any at all ROI (return on investment). Shoes that cost $150 are of the lowest grades of leather and have glued on soles. Not to be harsh, but unless you are buying a trusted name on eBay or some crazy discounted site or store (like Nordstrom Rack), you are not likely to ever find a great deal on shoes that are under $300 dollars.

Pastafarian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Handmadeshoes
first off, a shoe cannot be bespoke unless you go and get your foot measured and they make a last that represents your foot. And if the shoe is truly hand-made which is now just a thrown around term in the shoe industry then the shoe will not cost less than $2000 because anything less would be taking very low if not any at all ROI (return on investment). Shoes that cost $150 are of the lowest grades of leather and have glued on soles. Not to be harsh, but unless you are buying a trusted name on eBay or some crazy discounted site or store (like Nordstrom Rack), you are not likely to ever find a great deal on shoes that are under $300 dollars.

Actually I regularly see Lidfort go on sale there for around 220 dollars.

I was going to snatch up a pair of beautiful brown monkstrap Lidforts for 210 bucks until someone did it before me.

Lidforts are of exceptional quality. No?

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pastafarian
Actually I regularly see Lidfort go on sale there for around 220 dollars.

I was going to snatch up a pair of beautiful brown monkstrap Lidforts for 210 bucks until someone did it before me.

Lidforts are of exceptional quality. No?

honestly, i cannot speak of lidforts because I have never held one, but when I look on the site that had them and look at them close up, they look like the run of the mill shoe, nothing that great. Cool design and all, but there is **** that comes from Italy, believe me. From my experience with shoes, which is quite vast, considering that I worked on the largest men's shoe floor in America for 6 years and have made shoes completely by hand I stand by my statement. Like I said, you can find deals though.

officeboy

Reaction score
I'm not so concerned with what people think of the brand/name, but are they too pointy? It runs about 2" further then my big toe, weighing in at 13.5" for a size 45/12.
44236074sr_12_f.jpg

They are pretty nice for $70.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads