• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

delakingois

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A. Jones
Gran Turismo 5

I can't remember the last time I've been this excited about a new game coming out. Looks epic.

Anybody else plan on buying?

Can't say I'm a big fan of the racing genre, but that sure looks tasty.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I've bought Battlefield: Bad Company 2 because Modern Warfare 2 started to bore me.

Let's put it this way:
I bought Battlefield --> I failed at Battlefield.

Game is ridiculously difficult in comparison to CoD. I hope I'll get on on the learning curve in the next days.

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Okay, so Maximum PC magazine reported yesterday that there was a live demo of Duke Nukem Forever in the Netherlands.

Will our favorite vaporware (12 years late) finally be reality? I wouldn't count on it!

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There has been a playable for a bit of time now...

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer
Will our favorite vaporware (12 years late) finally be reality? I wouldn't count on it!

Apparently people who buy the Borderlands GOTY edition will have access to an early demo.

Now that Gearbox owns the rights, this game might actually see the light of day! If they manage to finish the game, they'll make a killing off of years of hype and curiosity.

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
^^ I pray you're right. Hell, I'm even anxiously awaiting Max Payne 3 ... Amazon.com has it being released on January 31, 2011. I don't believe it, but I'll be very happy if it comes to fruition.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Szeph el ratón
Yesterday I've bought Battlefield: Bad Company 2 because Modern Warfare 2 started to bore me.

Let's put it this way:
I bought Battlefield --> I failed at Battlefield.

Game is ridiculously difficult in comparison to CoD. I hope I'll get on on the learning curve in the next days.

After a few equipment upgrades you should be fine. Just choose 1-2 classes you think you will play the most and stick with them.

Also remember you can pick up advanced gear from dead soldiers.

daspianist

Reaction score
WTF Gran Turismo 5?!

So I literally just read over 20 news clippings all about the same news - that GT5 is delayed until "Holiday Season 2010."

I was counting down the days, man (...and even thought about taking a sick/personal leave on release day.)

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
BFBC2 is semi difficult. I only play hardcore servers now since it's a bit more realistic but once you get used to iron sights or reddots it's not too bad. I used to play on a pistols only server and I dominated. My best score was like 36-6, on a hardcore normal server my best was like 18-3. Sometimes I have my good days and bad days. I'm only rank 25 now after cooling down now that I'm in college. After unlocking every weapon it's not that exciting but that's not till around rank 23 if you spread out the classes.

I've never played CoD so I can't really compare. =/

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just completed the main story in TES: Oblivion.

Great game, not nearly as great as Morrowind, and the ending was crappy, but not nearly as crappy as Morrowind's ending lol.

What would you guys recommend? Should I try Shivering Isles, or just move on to Fallout 3 now.

Contingency Plan

Reaction score
Any of you guys play Myth:TFL/Soulblighter? Amazing games from back before Microsoft owned Bungie.

airblaster503

Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Just completed the main story in TES: Oblivion.

Great game, not nearly as great as Morrowind, and the ending was crappy, but not nearly as crappy as Morrowind's ending lol.

What would you guys recommend? Should I try Shivering Isles, or just move on to Fallout 3 now.

Move to Fallout 3 and just play Shivering Isles casually. Fallout 3 and Morrowind are my favorite games by far.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by airblaster503
Fallout 3 and Morrowind are my favorite games by far.

You excited for New Vegas? Some people love crapping on Fallout 3 (and I might've been in that group in the past), but I can't deny how fun that game was.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by airblaster503
Move to Fallout 3 and just play Shivering Isles casually. Fallout 3 and Morrowind are my favorite games by far.

IMO Morrowind was probably the best game ever made, but I haven't played Fallout 3 yet
smile.gif

airblaster503

Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
IMO Morrowind was probably the best game ever made, but I haven't played Fallout 3 yet
smile.gif

I would probably agree on that. I have played Morrowind about 4 different times through and each time is like a whole new experience being able to choose different characters and become a Vampire or Werewolf. Oblivion was kind of a let down.

Can't wait for New Vegas, probably will be the only game I have gone out and bought on release date in over a year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics