• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thinking of changing S4 order color... maybe Meteor Gray???

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Red hasn't looked good on a German car, since this:
10_24C_Guards%20Red.jpg

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon
My S4 is in Phantom Black. If I could do it again, I'd get Sprint Blue.

Any particular reason?

Originally Posted by Monaco
Get red, who doesn't love a red car?

I like red, but the red the S4 comes in is an ugly flat red, almost looks orange in person. The TTS however comes in a Volcano Red which is quite nice but again, a $2500 option for the S4 and an extra months wait tacked on to the build time.

Going to look at a Phantom Black today with the aluminum blades and a Meteor Gray, want to see both in person before making any changes.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
...i am ordering an rs4 in black,.
Keep dreaming. Last model year sold in US(B7 generation) was 2007 with many cars sitting on dealers lots for months and advertised on ebay for 10-12k off MSRP. If and when the new B8 generation RS4 is released I'd be surprised if it makes it way to the US.
Originally Posted by thekunk07
can get s6 wagon here.
Not since 2003.
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Cool car, congrats on the order. I like wagons for utility, but not sure if you can get S4 or S6 wagon in the U.S.
Last year you could get an S4 avant in US was 2008 (stick or auto). Last year for S6 avant was 2003. It's interesting that the only version of the S6 US brought to US back then was the avant. The only current Audi wagons available in US are the A4 (newer 2.0T engine with automatic only) and the A6 3.0 supercharged, which is actually pretty cool for a family car. AFAIK Audi, and BMW for that matter, are through, at least for the time being, trying (and mostly failing) in selling their high performance wagons here. Rest assured,we will get all possible variations of their SUVs
plain.gif
. To the OP - get what you like. My preference is darker blues like the deep sea blue pearl.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
who cares about resale value. Get what you want.

Nobody ever cares about resale value until you have to resell/trade an ugly-ass bastard and get hammered for choosing an unpopular color

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uhurit
Nobody ever cares about resale value until you have to resell/trade an ugly-ass bastard and get hammered for choosing an unpopular color

But while you had it, it was the **** right? Isn't that the point?

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^That's another way to look at it, I am sure...can't worry much about what'll happen in 3-4 years

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dmax
Keep dreaming. Last model year sold in US(B7 generation) was 2007 with many cars sitting on dealers lots for months and advertised on ebay for 10-12k off MSRP. If and when the new B8 generation RS4 is released I'd be surprised if it makes it way to the US.

Well, the RS cars are what they are, but they're extremely expensive for whatever bodystyle they come in - MSRP on the RS4 was the same as a base Carrera, and I know which car I'd rather have, and the E46 M3 was how much in its last year? the B6/B7 never had any rear leg room if the driver was 5'10"+ anyway, so practicality (unless it were the Avant) is not leaps forward than a real sports car...

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The B7 RS4 was a 4.2. V8 non turbo, which put a lot of people of it, as most Audi enthusiast thinks that all fast Audi's should be supercharged, which is why the new B8 S4 is a 3.0 V6 supercharged instead of the V8, so the B8 should be a better "investment" than the B7.

Is the TT-S / TT-RS available in the US?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Find Finn
The B7 RS4 was a 4.2. V8 non turbo, which put a lot of people of it, as most Audi enthusiast thinks that all fast Audi's should be supercharged, which is why the new B8 S4 is a 3.0 V6 supercharged instead of the V8, so the B8 should be a better "investment" than the B7.

Is the TT-S / TT-RS available in the US?

TT-S is, it was one I test drove before deciding on the S4, TT-RS will prob. be avail. toward end of next year.

brianja

Reaction score
Last model year sold in US(B7 generation) was 2007

2008. B7 RS4 was only 2007 and 2008 models in the US.

If and when the new B8 generation RS4 is released I'd be surprised if it makes it way to the US.
The general consensus is that there won't be a B8 RS4.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads