• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They were made by Seenmy, who recently styled for Oki-Ni, dudes swag is astronomical. I too am going to swagger jack a burford with crepe sole but different suede, probably a burnt brown/orange.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Leather Soul Trickers showed up on my door today!

trickers2.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided on the Grasmere, because I like the little bit of extra stitching on the toe. Also, I'm probably going to go with the grey repeto suede. I do like the idea of the crepe sole, for 2 reasons. 1) More like sneakers, which I wear about 24/7, and 2) Pretty unusual. But, on the other hand, I like the idea of the Commando sole.

Argh, that crepe sole has really gotten me thinking. Is the natural color the only option? Could I have a different color crepe? I'd like that idea - give the thing some kick. Maybe a darker shade of grey?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Zippy, how was the sizing?

Pretty good. They're pretty wide/high volume but any smaller size and they'd be too short.
Thanks again Tom.

These are UK sizes, right?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks GS. Seeing your greens started the "want" in my head.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Pretty good. They're pretty wide/high volume but any smaller size and they'd be too short.
Thanks again Tom.

These are UK sizes, right?

Yup, UK sizes. Hope they work out well for you. Give the sole some time to break in.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the wedge eva sole for some reason

Mr. Tweed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I decided on the Grasmere, because I like the little bit of extra stitching on the toe. Also, I'm probably going to go with the grey repeto suede. I do like the idea of the crepe sole, for 2 reasons. 1) More like sneakers, which I wear about 24/7, and 2) Pretty unusual. But, on the other hand, I like the idea of the Commando sole.

Argh, that crepe sole has really gotten me thinking. Is the natural color the only option? Could I have a different color crepe? I'd like that idea - give the thing some kick. Maybe a darker shade of grey?

Dear LA Guy,

To my knowledge, crepe rubber soles only come in natural colour, but they should be able to have their edges stained. This would mean that the welt and sole edges can be stained in three colours: brown, dark brown and black. Natural or black edges would be the only viable option for grey suede, I think.

However, if you plan to kick some serious ass with these boots, crepe rubber soles sounds a little on the soft side to me. Commandos would make a much more evident imprint...

Yours,

Mr. Tweed

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Tweed
Dear LA Guy,

To my knowledge, crepe rubber soles only come in natural colour, but they should be able to have their edges stained. This would mean that the welt and sole edges can be stained in three colours: brown, dark brown and black. Natural or black edges would be the only viable option for grey suede, I think.

However, if you plan to kick some serious ass with these boots, crepe rubber soles sounds a little on the soft side to me. Commandos would make a much more evident imprint...

Yours,

Mr. Tweed

All good points. Maybe I'd be laying down a gentler, more humane beating? I'm on the fence about this one.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All good points. Maybe I'd be laying down a gentler, more humane beating? I'm on the fence about this one.

A thorough spanking if you will?

Simontuntelder

Reaction score

Ok, instead of asking us, a bunch of know-nothing wankers, you should just e-mail Richard at the shoehealer. He will gladly answer all questions. He knows his Trickers, and if he doesn't know, he'll contact Trickers. I can't recommend doing this enough.

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Simontuntelder
Ok, instead of asking us, a bunch of know-nothing wankers, you should just e-mail Richard at the shoehealer. He will gladly answer all questions. He knows his Trickers, and if he doesn't know, he'll contact Trickers. I can't recommend doing this enough.

What he said. Richard knows all and dude is patient too. Took me ages to get all the details down on my own MTO trickers order but the end result should be exactly like I wanted, can't wait till december now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads