• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by davichan
as asked for,
here is a mirror shot to give an idea of the look with a dark jean,

Alden Natural Chromexcel Indy, with Ironheart jeans.
sorry i am pretty short, 5'4", so not the best 6' sized typical tall look for ya!
i am loving' the Indy's regardless, such a great material, build and color combo Alden has made with this shoe in my opinion.

Alden_Indy_Natural_Chromexel_Fit_1.jpg

Nice combo!

kylelovesyou

Reaction score
I think that I have to buy those natural chromexcel indy boots. I mean, obviously I want to buy them, but really, at this point the decision seems like it's out of my hands. I just have to buy them.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Ham
Should Aldens come in a cloth bag? I just bought a pair of 403 indy boots and they did not come in a cloth bag but instead wrapped in clear plastic bags (all inside the box, of course).

Aldens come in plastic bags with flannel bags folded in the bottom of the box. I don't think my regular Indy boots came with flannel bags, though.

kylelovesyou

Reaction score
Sort of an odd question: I've got these (http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=6155). I really like the look of red laces in hiking boots, do you think it would look absurd if I threw some red laces onto these burgundy dress boots? I like the idea that they would look a bit more casual and rugged, plus I think the colors might blend nicely.

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kylelovesyou
Sort of an odd question: I've got these (http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=6155). I really like the look of red laces in hiking boots, do you think it would look absurd if I threw some red laces onto these burgundy dress boots? I like the idea that they would look a bit more casual and rugged, plus I think the colors might blend nicely.
Umm... are you serious? If you're so curious about how they might look, then why don't you just swap out the laces? I don't think it would be a good look... because they are casual boots, not hiking boots. Someone did post a pair of beat up Ultimate Indy's with some yellow hiking laces that looked decent, but that's because they were being worn as hiking boots. That being said, the Indy boot looks far more utilitarian than the wingtip boot.

kylelovesyou

Reaction score
I realize I could just pick up some laces and try it, but the thought just occurred to me this morning and I was curious what response it would bring. It's not because I don't love the boots as they are, just wondered how far I could push thing with them.

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kylelovesyou
Sort of an odd question:

I've got these (http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=6155). I really like the look of red laces in hiking boots, do you think it would look absurd if I threw some red laces onto these burgundy dress boots? I like the idea that they would look a bit more casual and rugged, plus I think the colors might blend nicely.

I saw a picture of the burgundy cordovan longwings (shoes) with red laces and they looked pretty cool in a Paul Smith sort of way.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get laces that match what Alden uses on the standard Indy and their shell boots? I've searched the net and haven't been able to find the right lace at the right length.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Anyone know where to get laces that match what Alden uses on the standard Indy and their shell boots? I've searched the net and haven't been able to find the right lace at the right length.

From an Alden dealer. We sell them for $3.

swooc

Reaction score
anyone know a place that still has the suede summer plain toe oxfords in chocolate brown in stock? i'm after a pair in 7US-8US.

ninja07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adfan
Gentleman,

I need your opinion regarding a pair of new Alden 12.5E Ravello (Shell) longwings that I can buy for $400. I know - great price - sorry I can't say who is selling them....

I normally wear 12EE in Alden shell longwings.

Do you guys think that the 12.5 E may be too big for someone who normally wears 12EEs.

I worried about width.

The fact that its ravello and only $400 - its too tempting.

Thanks,

me too, I went with my heart and scored a pair of ravello shell wing tip boots in 12C. really beautiful boots, but I just could not make the size work. Thinking of putting them up for sale soon. PM me for details if anyone is keen....

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, i have my heart set on some Context roy boots but want to absolutely make sure I get the sizing right.... what would be best way to do this?

go to a alden shop and try something similar on? any ideas? thanks

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spacemanvt
Ok, i have my heart set on some Context roy boots but want to absolutely make sure I get the sizing right.... what would be best way to do this?

go to a alden shop and try something similar on? any ideas? thanks

Try on a pair of Indy boots. Those are on the same last and should fit you quite similarly.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try on a Chromexcel Indy if you can, they fit bigger I think. I have a Roy and a new 405 both in size 11 and they fit differently to me sure, though maybe not so much as to necessitate a change in size in most cases. My 405 has a lot of spacer between the sides of the upper when laced up...my Roy boots come together completely touching...both are fine in length though.

kylelovesyou

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jasonfoote303
Try on a pair of Indy boots. Those are on the same last and should fit you quite similarly.

Just wanted to say that I love your blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads