• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canada Goose

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a really a shame. Their logo seemed douche-deterrent.

BlackTie

Reaction score
Ento59: I would stay away from this listing seeing that the price is too good to be true, there are no close-up pictures of the tags / badge, and this particular model is commonly faked. Be cautious about buying CG jackets on ebay.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Ebay jacket looks legit. I've never heard of fakers advertising their goods as 'factory seconds' but maybe it's a new thing.

Please disregard if this has been covered already, but those patches should be easy to remove, correct? I've done similar removals but was just wondering if anyone's tried it on these jackets in particular.

Suicmez

Reaction score
Jacket is fake.
Dead giveaway is the fur on the hood, which is looking like faux fur to me..
Canada Goose jackets all have coyote fur rimmed hoods, and the fur is really puffy and thick. Google a picture of a real expedition parka, and you'll see. Tags and **** are easy to fake, but fur isn't.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like the constable parka

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I had that one a few seasons back and successfully removed the patch, I've since sold it and now I have a much slimmer yet still super warm cg jacket with the blacked out patch, love it and works great in harsh winter weather.

A sure tell for fakes with fur is if the fur is mostly the same tone/color or if its too white/light grey, the coyote fur that cg uses is not only puffy/thick but its also real and therefore has a multi-tone to it, all the way from brownish, greyish-black to almost white and should feel silky smooth to the touch.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by canstyleace
^ I had that one a couple few seasons back and successfully removed the patch, I've since sold it a now I have a much slimmer yet still super warm cg jacket with the blacked out patch, love it and works great in harsh winter weather.

A sure tell for fakes with fur is if the fur is mostly the same tone/color or if its too white/light grey, the coyote fur that cg uses is not only puffy/thick but its also real and therefore has a multi-tone to it, all the way from brownish, greyish-black to almost white and should feels silky smooth to the touch.

Yes, you can easily take the patch off. Mine is falling off and because I have a wool exterior you can't really see any of the stitching holes.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
One of the reasons I like the Calgary is the tonal-black patch, which actually looks pretty cool.

But is it as warm as the chiliwack?

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I dunno, but I'm gonna guess probably not. We'll see this winter when I actually get to wear it.

Where do you live? Do you have harsh winters?

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Montreal
biggrin.gif

bob99

Reaction score
Another Calgary owner here, and I can confirm that it is a damn warm jacket. You'll be fine in just a t-shirt underneath. If you go indoors (e.g. into a mall) you should remove it immediately, or you'll be sweating after 5 minutes. That being said, I love it for Toronto winter wear. People who say "Toronto doesn't get cold" are just hating on the city. There were some particularly brutal days last winter when I certainly did not regret my purchase... a coat is supposed to keep you warm!

I love the CG Japanese line, but I can't get behind any of the regular CG parkas as fashion wear. They seem completely functional, like hip-waders. Necessary when you're out in the field, but otherwise not to be worn.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads