• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
Did a local half marathon today in 1 hour and 48 minutes. It was a much better time than I was anticipating since I've only run maybe 5 or 6 times in the past 8 weeks and I think the longest of those runs was only 8 miles (a new baby makes it hard to get out as much as I used to).

Brooksie Way? Congrats on your time.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
Brooksie Way? Congrats on your time.

That was the run. It's a nice route if you don't mind the slow, steady, 4-mile climb just over halfway through it.

polo votarient

Reaction score
Ran 2.5 miles and walked half a mile in about 28 min. Yeah I know its slow but im just starting running again. By the end of october I will be running 3 miles in 20 min or less.
smile.gif
thats my goal
smile.gif

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
That was the run. It's a nice route if you don't mind the slow, steady, 4-mile climb just over halfway through it.

Rochester (heart break) Hills
laugh.gif

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, almost 11km. Time unknown.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by polo votarient
Ran 2.5 miles and walked half a mile in about 28 min. Yeah I know its slow but im just starting running again. By the end of october I will be running 3 miles in 20 min or less.
smile.gif
thats my goal
smile.gif

You're going to get hurt trying to progress that quickly. You'll get to sub 7 minute miles, but a better goal would be in 6 months, not 1 month.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10 K this morning in 42:00 minutes.
slow but I was hurting so I don't feel to bad about it.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My girl wanted to run tonight so another 3.5 at a very mellow pace. Good for recovery/relationship stuff.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
5.3 today, 43 minutes. Calf's not bothering me as much since I took a couple of days off.

Auroturtle

Reaction score
I did 3 miles today in my cross country practice. I know it may sound easy, but what we did was we sprinted 400 meters (1/4 mile), took a 30 second break, then sprinted another, until we got to 3 miles (12 laps). My legs ARE dead right now.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went for a hard seven miler at twilight this evening. Saw several crackheads under an overpass. I love it when I can do point to point runs. Got an iced mocha to help my muscles after the run which was new to me (studies say drinking chocolate milk is good for the bod). no idea what pace was.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
6.7 miles in 51:22 on this cold, dark morning. Could have gone another loop, easily.

jwied82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Auroturtle
I did 3 miles today in my cross country practice. I know it may sound easy, but what we did was we sprinted 400 meters (1/4 mile), took a 30 second break, then sprinted another, until we got to 3 miles (12 laps). My legs ARE dead right now.

12 x 400 with only 30 sec. recovery is a pretty brutal workout. what kind times were the 1/4miles run in?

Borrelli

Reaction score
I experienced quite serious IT band pain a while back up to the point that I couldn't finish my run, had pain walking for two days, and took a week off after that. I'll try some stretches for it and am starting again slowly. Problem is I've got my first half marathon in less than two weeks from now and I'm not sure if I'll make that. Maybe I'll change my enrollment to the 8K they have.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads