• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
stood behind them

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Adam Kimmel has to be the best american designer, upcoming snoop dogg collection is dope. Maybe I should post in the designer discussion thread.

Think I am going to cop a piece from this season too, highly highly underrated...both materials and construction are top notch (has been under sf radar for awhile).

You should post it in the designer thread, especially if you have pics.

Just to tell you, Shoreman has been on that for years now. I liked it when they did really heavy duty outerwear, but the canvas coat I really wanted was huge.

I sort of wanted the cotton desert boots that Tres Bien Shop carried, but decided against them in favor of custom Trickers. The current George Condo inspired collection is interesting in concept, and yeah, both the materials and construction are top notch, but the garments themselves fit awkwardly. From the presentation, they were apparently meant to fit that way, but I found everything I tried on to be rather unflattering.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't hardly wait til the technology develops for printing out and trying things on through the internet.
Yahoo japan/Gilt/B&S would be super fun and not something to be avoided.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Just to tell you, Shoreman has been on that for years now. I liked it when they did really heavy duty outerwear, but the canvas coat I really wanted was huge.

shoreman was posting vans in rp 3 years ago

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
my bad

nice to see all that time on sf and at shows has paid off

Contingency Plan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Everywhere I go on the web, I get ads for Red Wing boots. Creepy.

I'm getting similarly creeped out by the Oki-Ni Chronicles of Never ads following me around. Teh Google, who can stop it??

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Contingency Plan
I'm getting similarly creeped out by the Oki-Ni Chronicles of Never ads following me around. Teh Google, who can stop it??

I get uncannily accurate targetted Yoox, Bergdorf, and Oki-ni ads. No one can stop the e-googly.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotta get on that MMM beige / cream / white jeans and boots tip

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I get uncannily accurate targetted Yoox, Bergdorf, and Oki-ni ads. No one can stop the e-googly.
There's some kind of program that recently got installed or w/e that targets ads based on the stores you go to I get a lot of great stuff from Aldo and BedStu (that was a joke)

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
do we have a this or that thread? i want opinions on whether i should get a toj winter varsity, toj chesterfield, leather dr, or the krane mod coat. the krane mod coat is .5 bigger in the shoulder than i like, but i guess i could wear a sweater underneath.

OH NO .5'' too big!!!!!

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Actually, .5" can be a pretty big difference in shoulder lengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads