• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Plain today, and lately ...

waywplain1.jpg

Shirt is in shadow ... The blue's not as dark as it looks there.

waywplainshoes.jpg

Wrong date! No wonder I'm always behind.

waywplainwatch.jpg

Sedate navy socks to boot.

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Thanks... and I agree Nii.
confused.gif
Thanks for the advice guys - but I agree, this spread is much better than my older shirts. Got a few more I will test drive this week. Awesome. Im digging your style, man. This is great! Nice man. I knew you would make that work. Much better than the other 2 or 3 looks - pants fit is better, and a nice navy tie would finish this perfectly. Nice color selection, but I think the belt and shoes are 2 shades too light for the fit. Something a bit darker could have been better, IMO.
cheers.gif
Thanks Mr.C! You have the best socks. I love this suit and that tie is spectacular - although for some reason its coming off all a bit too light to my eyes. Maybe swap the pink for a different shirt? I cant place it, but maybe switch one piece out. Thats just my first impression though.. let me look again after my Jack Daniels.
laugh.gif
I like your good nature, and your lack of fear from color! :thumbsup:

When did this obnoxious custom of kissing the ass of every goddamn poster start? It's beginning to look a lot like Andy's, everywhere I go...

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZON_JR
When did this obnoxious custom of kissing the ass of every goddamn poster start? It's beginning to look a lot like Andy's, everywhere I go...
Last edited by ZON_JR : Today at 07:11 PM. Reason: added obscenity
lol8[1].gif
sigged

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I always look forward to these posts from ZON_JR! So insightful but with a whimsical touch that keeps me coming back for more! I especially enjoyed the addition of obscenities and the clever allusion to holiday music!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
waywplain1.jpg

That is a dammed nice jacket.
@ZON_JR - great post! Please continue your high quality contributions! Members like you make this forum a better place!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Huh? Since you quoted my post, I really have to tell you that you are rather wrong, and nobodys ass was kissed. If you really read it, its equal parts criticism, and compliments. This is usually what happens in a thread where people put pictures on the internet for advice. Case you didnt know. kthxbai
fistbump.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

waywplain1.jpg

Looks good, doc.

PRL?

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Moo - i think that quote is a size too big. dont know where you kop'd, but maybe a size down if possible, will fit better.

Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
I am a fan of duffel coats. Your coat looks like a perfect solution to a fierce winter day. I have never heard of Invertere. A Google/ forum search is in order. As always, there is so much to learn. Thanks for sharing this post.

Thank you guys. Nii - I think I will have it taken in a smidge. The shoulder, IMO, are right on but the midsection is a little big. Then again, I only had a shirt on in that photo and not another jacket, so I will try it with that first.

I also have a size larger one just like mine for sale in the B&S forum.
smile.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
confused.gif

...in jest, mate

"we" know each other from the german speaking part of the world...
cheers.gif
wink.gif

Butler

Reaction score
[Nice trousers. Enjoy your walk.[/quote]

[ Everything else looks good, but the knot really throws it off.[/quote]

Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
I like this very much, Butler. Can't say I'd attempt the moors in suede John Lobb shoes, mind.

Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
The ensemble of colors and fit is outstanding. Especially, I like the trousers. However, I am just as intrigued by the legs on the table behind you.

Originally Posted by tshaw
bryllup574.jpg
[/url]

While the table legs are certainly unique..I want to know about the chandelier behind Butler!! COOL!! How do I get one of these??
smile.gif

Well, this is the private part of the place and some rooms are decorated with original Danish (albeit affluent) peasant stuff, this is the kind of antiques my grandfather collected and which is almost impossible to find to-day.

T

Butler, wld you do a walking tour video of 'home' and post to Youtube, with a link here? We want to honor your 'pad'. Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Thanks for your interest, but I doubt my security people will take kindly to the idea!

very nice ... way to rock the green trou ...

...[/quote]

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Thank you.

- B

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Classic. And, I am jealous. I wish I was walking on the moor!!

i.

Mike

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Moo: I really like the color on the jacket, nice find.
Butler: Very classy. I especially like the moleskin trousers. I have a pair myself that I haven't worn in ages - thanks for the inspiration.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Very good. The jacket is especially fine.

Thanks very much gentlemen!
bigstar[1].gif

sartorialjump

Reaction score

waywplain1.jpg

Shirt is in shadow ... The blue's not as dark as it looks there.

waywplainshoes.jpg

Wrong date! No wonder I'm always behind.

waywplainwatch.jpg

Sedate navy socks to boot.

I really really like the colors on these!
Who made the shoes?

S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads