• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter Parka/Jackets

Scooba

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy

capture102201065030pm.jpg

I like Canada Goose but $600 is outta my price range. I am really diggin this one though. Part of me really wants to get it in red but I am worried I will get sick of the red at some point. I should probably stick with gray.

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by asdf
Sweet, thanks.
Does this indicate it might be a good fit for a 42-44? Chest/shoulders sound fine but im unfamiliar with measuring puffy things.

Yah probably. I'm a 40, and I'd go with small. 47 inches on the small doesn't sound too crazy taking into account the puffiness and layering.

asdf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nonissue
Yah probably. I'm a 40, and I'd go with small. 47 inches on the small doesn't sound too crazy taking into account the puffiness and layering.

Yeah, my real consideration is sleeve length, im 6'2" so im not convinced a medium would cut it. If they had a medium tall this would be much easier.

playdohh22

Reaction score

innocentbystander

Reaction score
Measurements for the LLBean coat/jacket:

Kara: In the Jacket the garment measurements are:
Kara: Small --
Kara: Chest 47
Kara: Sleeve length 36.25 inches
Kara: Back Length 28.5 inches
Kara: We have a Cross Shoulder measurement of 19.25 inches.

Both of those Bean jackets look good. Are they saying the pit-to-pit measurement on the small is 23.5" across? That's huge.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
They show fit pics on the llbean site. I dunno. Looks like it fits like a winter parka. A lot of padding generally makes pit to pits larger than on simple button up shirts and the nature of that kinda of jacket (and the maker) isn't going to fit dior slim

If the thing is warm enough i might be interested in that as my "*******" jacket for really bad days or when i don't care much

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by asdf
Yeah, my real consideration is sleeve length, im 6'2" so im not convinced a medium would cut it. If they had a medium tall this would be much easier.

Measure the sleeves of some of your shirts. I'm 6'2 as well, and a 36.25 inch sleeve is perfectly fine for me.

asdf

Reaction score
Measure the sleeves of some of your shirts. I'm 6'2 as well, and a 36.25 inch sleeve is perfectly fine for me.

Yeah, they're all 36-67ish, I think I'll take the plunge, worst possibility is a return.

innocentbystander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
They show fit pics on the llbean site. I dunno. Looks like it fits like a winter parka. A lot of padding generally makes pit to pits larger than on simple button up shirts and the nature of that kinda of jacket (and the maker) isn't going to fit dior slim

Well, you might be right about that. But what about the sleeve length of 36.25"? I have an Eddie Bauer/First Ascent down sweater (size small) and the sleeves are 32" from the collar. 36.25" is crazy long, unless they are taking the measurement from the center of the jacket or something.

tellure

Reaction score
Looks like Wings + Horn also has a fabric down jacket this season:

WI4040CHAR.jpg

xM.

Reaction score
Yeah, but it's almost $800.

asdf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by innocentbystander
Well, you might be right about that. But what about the sleeve length of 36.25"? I have an Eddie Bauer/First Ascent down sweater (size small) and the sleeves are 32" from the collar. 36.25" is crazy long, unless they are taking the measurement from the center of the jacket or something.

From center back base of collar is how it is usually done, as with shirts.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xM.
I really like this.

Other than the Wings & Horns one from this season, any other 'wool' puffer jackets about?

I bought the LL bean down coat but had to return it because the fit was horrid. The S fit like Med and the sleeves were super baggy. It was warm though. Even was layering it wouldn't have looked good IMO. Maybe if LL Bean canvas put out a version?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads