• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then I guess they're not for you, nothing wrong with that. My PML is my favorite watch out of my whole watch collection.

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Then I guess they're not for you, nothing wrong with that. My PML is my favorite watch out of my whole watch collection.

gdl - what's next on your 'to-buy' list?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
+1 Although, the Senator Navigator Chrono isn't too shabby with the numerals and blue hands and the Senator Chronometer is
inlove.gif
Their website is abysmal.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grammaton Cleric
gdl - what's next on your 'to-buy' list?

Two atrociously expensive educations in NYC... I had to re- order some priorities over the last couple of years.

mercretas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by anon
is that titanium?

Thanks. The watch isn't titanium, but a bead-blasted stainless steel. The bead-blasting gives it a flatter look that is reminiscent of titanium. The down-side to this finish is that you can't buff out scratches, but I think a few scratches are appropriate on a tool-watch like this.

Originally Posted by ginlimetonic
i beg to differ.. the date functional does not look appealing...

looks like a wart on the face... ugly

I might have preferred a round date portal like those on Bell & Ross watches - it would make the face look a little more refined. However, given how large the hands and numerals are, I don't even notice the date when I read the time. I do like having the date function there when I need it.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those back-to-back capital "G" letters on the GO (see rotor and buckle above) really bother me. Looks more like a logo from an Ed Hardy sort of brand than something from a refined watchmaker.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ Very odd comment. I understand you dislike the logo but don't see any connection whatsoever with Ed Hardy or other ephemeric fashion brand. If anything, it's in the line of an old tradition of luxury good makers in Europe (see Chanel, Gucci, Vuitton, etc...)

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of buying this. Any thoughts ? I love rectangular watches and have the JLC Reverso and the GP 1945.
36d18e46-7b0d-4932-900a-5784bbc9a4c1.jpg

economiayocio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vbuskirk
So, is it just me that is a little disappointed in GO? This is the first time I've seen them in the flesh, as I live in Flyover, USA.

I think they are really lovely watches. Here you can see a pic of mine:

5053868100_71b3fb5eb2.jpg

They are great. I think that the problem is that some people compare them to Patek Philippe, and they are not.

Of my watches, this in the top 3 of compliments.

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by economiayocio
I think they are really lovely watches. Here you can see a pic of mine: They are great. I think that the problem is that some people compare them to Patek Philippe, and they are not. Of my watches, this in the top 3 of compliments.
Wow! Very nice. I'm dying to know: what are the other two compliment-getters?
Originally Posted by economiayocio
One of my most beloved watches:
Gorgeous Dornblueth there. I have yet to see one of those in person, but they look absolutely great from the photos I've seen.

economiayocio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Belligero
Wow! Very nice.

I'm dying to know: what are the other two compliment-getters?

Gorgeous Dornblueth there. I have yet to see one of those in person, but they look absolutely great from the photos I've seen.

Maybe my Calatrava and my IWC 7 days.

Thanks very much for your comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads