• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Haha, that's just my default face. While riding public transit, in addition to Clark Kent, I've been called Peter Parker and Inspector Gadget.
Peter Parker I can see, but Inspector Gadget? My students tell me I look like Mr. Fantastic. I'm not as flexible, but I do have his gray temples.

5048574575_27e31a11df_z.jpg

In this photo the schlubby stance is making you look a bit too much like John Hodgman.

82949781_2.jpg

Looks like your pants are riding low. I think you're be much better with a collared shirt.

Originally Posted by Sander
The color just doesn't fit in. Also, it doesn't stand out in a good way. The tee is horrible, never do that again, no matter what the wife says. PS also doesn't coordinate imo.

Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
Perhaps I'm more uncompromising than I should be on this issue, but I really think the exposed T-shirt is a very bad look. A T-shirt is an undergarment. Also, I would suggest sizing down a bit on the sweater. On the other hand, I actually like the cargo pocket on your trousers--it's a nice casual look.

Your feedback is most appreciated, gentlemen. Thank you.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
That looks great, NYR.
thumbs-up.gif

Let the cuff-nonbelievers eat their words. This looks good.
Originally Posted by artoftime
Great brawler look, NYR - I absolutely live in a fleet of these RRL shirts at work...awesome in olive green as well. Supposedly Ralphy cleared out the Northeast supply of Mediums for himself.
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I can't do casual, but I do like the look of this.
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Until they start stinking, don't wash 'em. They'll get a wicked patina & develop into the best fit.
Cheers fellas. UC, will certainly not be washing these anytime soon. These are gonna be my denim experiment...wanna see where they break in, and how they fade. Art this shirt is a vintage Banana Republic from the early 80's, back when they were a miltary suply surplus/safari company...I love it, except the sleeves are so small on the wrist that I have to wear it rolled, so I only have a few weeks window to wear it. It can't be too warm as its a real heavy cotton, so unless I keep the sleeve buttons undone (which is a possibility) can't wear it long sleeved. Lufty Nixon pin is just AWESOME! Moo pockets on that coat are superb!

Curatedcondo

Reaction score
Not exactly what I am wearing today...but its what I wore to my all white Birthday Party...a bit ecentric...but certainly the talk of Facebook for about a month or so.

Curatedcondo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Another ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE day in the borough today. When are we having the "Wear the same pants everyday" challenge, cause if it keeps raining, I'll win that hands down. Still breaking in the broncos!

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

And my accessory 1 told me if she loses to a Ferrari's she's droppin' the gloves with SF. She also said nice Spoobs...still not sure what that means, but it is close to dinner time for her. Accessory two can't speak yet, but he just finished kicking Derek Boogaard's ass in training camp, yet somehow failing to earn a final roster spot. He's still visibly upset at getting cut.

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

Charlotte, NC recently closed their Billy Reid. It was unfortunate...but the market just didnt support it.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butler

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ready for a walk on the moor!

Steven Hitchcock Tweed SC with suede trim.
Turnbull & Asser shirt
Hermes Baloon tie
RTW olive moleskins from Cordings of Piccadilly
Hober PS

I like this very much, Butler. Can't say I'd attempt the moors in suede John Lobb shoes, mind.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butler

The ensemble of colors and fit is outstanding. Especially, I like the trousers. However, I am just as intrigued by the legs on the table behind you.

tshaw

Reaction score
bryllup574.jpg
[/url]

While the table legs are certainly unique..I want to know about the chandelier behind Butler!! COOL!! How do I get one of these??
smile.gif

@NYR, Robbie, Move the sleeve buttons - I had to do that to all my Banana Republic 'classics' a while back.

T

Butler, wld you do a walking tour video of 'home' and post to Youtube, with a link here? We want to honor your 'pad'. Inquiring minds want to know. :)

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Peter Parker I can see, but Inspector Gadget?
When it's raining, you might catch a resemblance:
5050858194_b961b55361_z.jpg
In this photo the schlubby stance is making you look a bit too much like John Hodgman.
ffffuuuu.gif
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Lufty Nixon pin is just AWESOME!
Picked it up from the Nixon library about 10 years ago. I enjoy its cheekiness.

mjHession

Reaction score
Fall shopping with the wife. Bonus obligatory iGent bathroom shot and debut of new iGent felt flower.
5049344920_e42ac2b824_b.jpg

I love your seemingly endless collection of BB knit ties. This one pairs great with the colors elsewhere, well done.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tshaw
bryllup574.jpg
[/url]

While the table legs are certainly unique..I want to know about the chandelier behind Butler!! COOL!! How do I get one of these??
smile.gif

OK Tom, you can have the chandelier. I get the table!

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Yes.

Agree, but you could still do better. If your face isn't wide as a pancake, your bodyshape prob would benefit from a wider spread. Also, a higher front would look better imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics