• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Contingency Plan
That mmm runway **** looks amazing
If I ever saw someone on the street wearing that I'd brainsplode over whether to think she's marsupialed or baller as ****. Wonder if anything will even make it off the runway

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
****. Spent an hour trying to **** with Windows command prompt and now I give up. If anyone knows how to get rid of a directory (actually... 2) ending with a . (which makes Windows pretend it doesn't exist), get at me. And don't ask how I created 2 impossible folders.

The folder is "X.X.X." and is inaccessible when alone, but when I create a "X.X.X" folder I can delete the "X.X.X." folder, but it doesn't really delete it, it just gets rid of "X.X.X" and renames it "X.X.X." I can also access the data within the folder if there's the "X.X.X" present as well. DR/rename commands don't work because Windows doesn't believe the folder exists

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
don't tell me Appreciation is taboo also?!?!

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
get a mac bro. you can sudo rmdir them ***** into oblivion.

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Well, that's what you get for having an X.X.X. folder in the first place, pervert.
ffffuuuu.gif
I changed the letters to prevent lulz at my expense and ended up with lulz at my expense Actually, can Macs interact with a Windows-oriented external drive or would I have to reformat it? If a Mac could edit the data, I could just zap it away that way, right?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wore some salmon-colored shorts and a fedora to a party a couple of months ago. Pretty much everyone loved the hat, but I got some static about the shorts. "OMG UR WEARING PINK SHORTS!" and the like. Color range doesn't exist to most people when it comes to clothing, I learned.

Anyway, my friend who was there lovingly made this:

60536_606026800790_51902679_34405099_7478787_n.jpg

DeadDJ

Reaction score
^That sounds like a ******* horrible outfit. And you should be bummed out people loved the fedora. Fedoras look like affect impacted hipster bowels 99.99999%.

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Tried, failed. dir finds the folder, but when I /x it, it no longer shows up.

Fake edit: Just kidding, I'm marsupialed (for whatever reason it was alpha listed as ".X.X.X." so it was at the top. Had to move around 200 folders for me to be able to see it lol. Thank you for getting me to try that for the 1000000th time

APK: demand royalties

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kill the DJ
^That sounds like a ******* horrible outfit. And you should be bummed out people loved the fedora. Fedoras look like affect impacted hipster bowels 99.99999%.
Re: the fit - not at all. I went with a muted solid color shirt to balance things out. Re: the fedora - that's accurate a great deal of the time, but this one actually looks sharp on me (though I did ditch the feather). I am amused, though, that in your mind, receptiveness to a piece of clothing outside of an internet message board must mean bad things.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man no **** it's refreshing to see dudes steezing hard on the streets of NYC. Saw a dude today in an SF approved outfit- ToJ lookin varsity jacket, AA sheer tee, nicely faded APCs and some black Red Wing looking boots. Every piece was quality. Good ****. I gotta step it up...

DeadDJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I am amused, though, that in your mind, receptiveness to a piece of clothing outside of an internet message board must mean bad things.
Damn, that's how I typed it, isn't it? Sorry, what I meant was, fedoras almost always look awful and I hate that a large segment of the public sees it as a passable men's accessory.

Originally Posted by APK
Re: the fit - not at all. I went with a muted solid color shirt to balance things out.

Re: the fedora - that's accurate a great deal of the time, but this one actually looks sharp on me (though I did ditch the feather).

And yeah. I envisioned you in a solid colored shirt. Just... just awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads