• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys!

I think it looks good. Just maybe gotta think of it as a Plaza moc toe boot...not a Plaza Indy boot.

Been selling good today so it looks like it's gonna be back...also in chromexcel for Robin.
fistbump.gif

adfan

Reaction score
Gentleman,

I need your opinion regarding a pair of new Alden 12.5E Ravello (Shell) longwings that I can buy for $400. I know - great price - sorry I can't say who is selling them....

I normally wear 12EE in Alden shell longwings.

Do you guys think that the 12.5 E may be too big for someone who normally wears 12EEs.

I worried about width.

The fact that its ravello and only $400 - its too tempting.

Thanks,

adfan

Reaction score
Tom,

Thanks for your fast reply regarding the 12.5E ravello longwings.

By the way, please start your pre-order list again...I'm still waiting for a shoe that tickles my interest.

Thanks again,

daruma

Reaction score
tom pls make the pics in your site as big as the pics u just posted!

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mg428
Not so feasible for people living outside the States ordering their shoes from up-scale retailers for around and sometimes higher than 50 Dollars. And if they do not fit properly, they cost around 25 dollars to ship back. Besides I do not know whether they charge for the shipment on the exchange pair for the same price.

Well, the cost of doing business, you know. If you can't physically get there then you have to absorb some risk. It's usually pretty easy to find out if they'll do an exchange by asking them.

Sooner or later you'll know what size you wear and then high shipping exchange costs will be absorbed overtime as you buy more and more pairs....
eh.gif

Walking Man

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm having an issue regarding my cap toe boot. I've noticed that these shoes tend to rock back and forth, is that normal? Also, I think the shank is loose in the right shoe. Can someone help confirm this? When i walk I feel a bump in the middle of the shoe and its a lot more noticeable when I stand flat on my heels. Anyone else have this issue?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my J. Crew Longwings in the mail today. They fit great, but the back of the heel shuffles a bit when walking. Any suggestion for a fix, fellas? Thanks.

countcount

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
I got my J. Crew Longwings in the mail today. They fit great, but the back of the heel shuffles a bit when walking. Any suggestion for a fix, fellas? Thanks.
It has happened to me before (not with Aldens) and I took them to a cobbler who checked them out and ended up hammering in the nails in the heel (for free) and that fixed it.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by countcount
It has happened to me before (not with Aldens) and I took them to a cobbler who checked them out and ended up hammering in the nails in the heel (for free) and that fixed it.
I'm sorry, I should have worded it better. The heel, itself, is not the issue. The shuffling is due to the shoes being a bit too big around the area. I don't know the exact name of the area, top of the heel or back of the heel? I have a pair of wing tip boots on an identical last in an identical size and those fit fine (because the cut is much higher than these longwings bluchers). I suspect it to be the smooth leather insole and the sock not having friction at all that creates the shuffling effect.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my replacement Indy boots from Alden today. Wow, has the leather changed. Much darker and softer now...actually feels even nicer then my original ones. Overall construction is very very good on these new boots and I couldn't be happier with how Alden took care of me on this issue. I went down a 1/2 size and these are not quite as big as my chromexcel boots in the same size (in terms of volume, the sides don't come together...or even close really...when I lace them, but the length seems about the same) but the fit is quite good actually. Since I'm literally beating the crap out of my Roys these days (I wear them at least 5 out of 7 days) I'm going to keep these nice and well cared for so they probably won't see a ton of wear until after winter.

davichan

Reaction score
i would like to share some photo of the start of my collection of boots i have taken the time to find that work for me.
my best!

i bought my first pair of Aldens in japan last year:
Alden | Cap Toe Kidskin Boots 41886H | Modified Last | Ships Japan Edition.
Alden_Cap_Toe_Kidskin_001.jpg

Alden_Cap_Toe_Kidskin_002.jpg

Alden_Cap_Toe_Kidskin_003.jpg

davichan

Reaction score
Then bought my first pair of Indy's a few months ago. Indy's Cordova #8 | Trubalance Last | Moulded Shoe
Alden_Indy_Codovan_8_001.jpg
Alden_Indy_Codovan_8_002.jpg
Alden_Indy_Codovan_8_003.jpg

davichan

Reaction score
And most recently have purchased a pair to rotate them with: Indy Natural Chromexcel 40557H | Trubalance Last | Shoe Mart.
Alden_Indy_Natural_Chromexel_001.jpg
Alden_Indy_Natural_Chromexel_002.jpg
Alden_Indy_Natural_Chromexel_003.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads