• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
After yesterday's disastrous four-miler, I have my mojo back today: 6.7 miles in 52:25.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
5.36 miles in the rain in central park this morning in 33:35

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went for a 8k trail run tonight some rolling hills and one killer set of switchbacks. Not feeling super strong on the down hills probably too cautious. Anyone have any tips on getting a faster turnover on downhills without over striding?

jwied82

Reaction score
10.0 tonight in 1:03:58. First 5 miles in 33:15, then last 5 in 30:40. Felt great tonight, got into the zone and the miles just seemed to fly by. Perfect running weather too... 58 degrees with no wind.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Faster 10k today
about 41 minutes and painful
the way my foot healed I gained a width in my right shoe - so tying it differently combined with the loss of a callous has yielded an awesome blister.
Just about 300 miles on my Mizuno's too so I gotta switch those up.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
6.7 miles this morning in 53 and change. Felt okay but pretty tired now. Like I am every morning.

TheD0n

Reaction score
5.5 in ~46 (8:30 miles)

I used to play basketball, but a knee injury has forced me from the sport. How should I run to get my miles times down to the mid 7-minute range?

I still have pain in my knee during runs, and stiffness afterwards. Maybe I should get that taken care of first.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheD0n

I used to play basketball, but a knee injury has forced me from the sport. How should I run to get my miles times down to the mid 7-minute range?

I still have pain in my knee during runs, and stiffness afterwards. Maybe I should get that taken care of first.

Good things you can do to improve soreness and minimize injury are to focus on taking the time to stretch thoroughly, go on youtube and look at foam rolling (IT band issues cause a ton of my soreness and the foam roller helps) and try and track down a local specialty running store, the dudes who work there have all done a lot of running and can usually point you in the right direction. If you want to get faster, you can start by increasing your base weekly mileage, which will help you develop the endurance to sustain a faster pace for longer.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I don't know the extent of your injuries so don't take this as solid advice - but when my knee develops a twinge I tend to do step-ups onto the seat of a chair. That, though, I think tends to address quad-ham imbalance more than do much for remedying an injury. Good luck, though.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today, was delayed for feeding and diaper duty which meant I had to hustle...and I did. 5.3 miles in 39:29. Didn't feel all that rough, either. Intervals beckon.

TheD0n

Reaction score
Just ran 4.1 miles in 30 minutes (7:20 miles). By far the fastest run of considerable distance in my life. Feels good.

There's a 5k coming up in my neighborhood in 3 weeks, how do you think I would fare?

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ran 4.1 miles in 30 minutes (7:20 miles). By far the fastest run of considerable distance in my life. Feels good. There's a 5k coming up in my neighborhood in 3 weeks, how do you think I would fare?
That's great! I don't think you need anyone to tell you that you'd fare quite well in that race. What was your time after 3.1?

TheD0n

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
What was your time after 3.1?

I have no clue. I was pacing myself with the goal of finishing 4 miles in 30:00, so 3.1 would probably have been about 22:00? If I really ran hard I could probably complete a 5k in 20 minutes, but I'd be spent at the end. Would I look like an idiot gasping for air after finishing in 20 minutes?

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no clue. I was pacing myself with the goal of finishing 4 miles in 30:00, so 3.1 would probably have been about 22:00? If I really ran hard I could probably complete a 5k in 20 minutes, but I'd be spent at the end. Would I look like an idiot gasping for air after finishing in 20 minutes?

Jeez, I'd say "no" unequivocally. Nice!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads