• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inverallan

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys don't argue I am working on a replacement

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gululv
What makes me say that is this brand looks similar to Inverallan, but as discussed earlier Inverallan has stopped taking orders and will only be available from a few stores. What make you say what makes you say that?

He's probably asking because Inverallan did custom work and the aesthetic of those Howlin sweaters don't necessarily scream Inverallan alternative anymore than any other company. At least those sweaters don't make me think of Inverallan. Afterall, I'm not seeing anything that reminds me of the Inver3A (arguably their most popular one):

263daf8.jpg

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah NZ is crap I have scoped out another scottish maker who do MTO items and I'm going to do a shawl knit robe with them in a navy shetland plus some dark grey shetland crewnecks I've told them we are looking for a new inverallan
laugh.gif

gululv

Reaction score
What are they called?
Didn't mean to argue, but I think this brand looks a little similar to Inverallan actually. Not to that cardigan, but..

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
We could have called out Bonner of Ireland (Aran), Jamiesons (fair isle) or even Inis Meain (aran-ish)... Or tons of other companies.
I don't mean to piss on your parade or anything, Howlin by Morrison might be good, but there are so many good knitwear companies around, but very few similar to Inverallan. What sets Inverallan apart from the rest is the fact that everything is custom made by hand. But no particular type of knitwear og style is synonymous with Inverallan. They made aran, fair isle, som crazy argyle knits and of course what ever the customer wanted.

Most Howlin by Morrison knits appear to be machine knit. So sorry if I didn't see the imediate connection. Though Howlin looks rather good. No question about that.

Actually, I remember a couple of makers of custom fair isle knits. I'll try to find the links. They would probably be able to do some aran knits too.

acl1

Reaction score
Appreciate the contribution, but I wouldn't recommend john molloy. I bought one of these cardigans off ebay a few months ago, and the quality was mediocre at best. Low armholes, very itchy wool, and thinner than the inveralian equivalent. Admittedly, it wasn't a custom job; maybe others have experience with that?
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
http://www.johnmolloy.com/ john molloy hand knitted. Send them an email if you want custom orders. Pick the pattern, measurement, style of buttons, ect.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new maker is coming through for a shawl robe, doing measurements and selecting wool ATM.

They are looking forward to working with the rest of the forum as well

When I get mine I'll do pics and post a review and detail the ordering process for all you hand knit lovers.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
inventory stockroom is getting their next round of inverallen toques and shawl cardigan knits ... i have the red toque and the navy blue knit.

pricey but amazing pieces

gululv

Reaction score
I'm waiting, razele..
Mandon Store, how's the quality?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics