• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zerostyle
Unfortunately, I started trying the Leeds (and LOVE them), but they just don't fit my feet properly. I've tried multiple AE lasts and sizes, and none of them work.

So, I'm stuck looking at other brands.

I should also mention that I'd like to keep these under $300, preferably under $200 if possible.

What exactly was wrong the fit of the various lasts, especially the Leeds? Too tight? too loose? in the heel? toebox? instep? Also, if you are having problems fitting a lot of lasts, there's a possibililty you might be best served by an non-D width, either slightly narrower or slightly wider. My father had a hard time getting shoes that fitted him until he started buying US E width shoes.

Another brown shoe that might be worth looking at is the grenson kirk from the rushden line (I'm guessing on the kirk model name, it is a plain toe blucher). It should be around $200 from various sources, maybe $140 from ebay or gilt or places of that nature.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
john-lawrence-sullivan-stud-shoes-2.jpg

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are All Saints' boots quality wise? Worth the $$$?

Good Will

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
I would say no, because everything is made in china

You should try yoox.
smile.gif

zerostyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
What exactly was wrong the fit of the various lasts, especially the Leeds? Too tight? too loose? in the heel? toebox? instep? Also, if you are having problems fitting a lot of lasts, there's a possibililty you might be best served by an non-D width, either slightly narrower or slightly wider. My father had a hard time getting shoes that fitted him until he started buying US E width shoes.

I originally started with 9D's, which is my size in most shoes.

9D = was way too tight in the toe box (esp on pinky toe)
9E = too loose in the heel, and toe still kind of uncomfortable
9.5D = too long, heel slipped out and toe of shoe creased terribly. Toe box was perfect here though.

I've basically given up on AE. I wish there was another brand out there for the price-point that was similar.

(Looking for non-corrected grain leather, goodyear welted, < $300 )

tellure

Reaction score

I looked them over in the store and they seemed very cheap. Lots of rough edges, heavy distressing to mask the cheap leather.

gw22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
not worth the money. Check out Moma on Yoox.
+1. My fav shoe brands on yoox are: Moma, n.d.c made by hand, F+B, Buttero, Collection privee, Marsèll and Officine creative italia.

tellure

Reaction score
Speaking of Moma, anyone know who else sells Moma online or in NYC? I want to try and find a pair of these. All sold out on YOOX:

44226858xj_12_f.jpg

YOOX Link

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do John Varvatos Six O Sixes ever go on sale? Those are the only boots I've seen w/all the details I like (handmade look, medium height, non faded brown, tongue opening that doesn't close fully when laced tight). If I have to, I will take the plunge, but just wondering if they are ever available cheaper or if there are similar alternatives (that aren't by Asos)

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Do John Varvatos Six O Sixes ever go on sale? Those are the only boots I've seen w/all the details I like (handmade look, medium height, non faded brown, tongue opening that doesn't close fully when laced tight). If I have to, I will take the plunge, but just wondering if they are ever available cheaper or if there are similar alternatives (that aren't by Asos)
yeah cool i doubt you really need to take the "plunge." but since those are the only boots you like maybe try calling around to stores that carry the stuff...maybe around the holidays or end of season! what do you think?

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
yeah cool i doubt you really need to take the "plunge." but since those are the only boots you like maybe try calling around to stores that carry the stuff...maybe around the holidays or end of season! what do you think?
I think I just need to keep looking... I like some Red Wings, they just seem very thick

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You know, now that I think about it, I have never seen that model on sale. JV shoes and boots can be found on discount all the time, but that model may be an exception. I would call around and keep an eye on Ebay. A lot of people sell brand new JV stuff on Ebay for steal.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I copped a pair off of Ebay for fairly cheap ($200ish if my memory is correct) last year. Too narrow for my foot though so I sent them back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads