• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help please: Looking for inexpensive corduroy blazer

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, first time posting a "help" thread, so please don't kill me :X. I did a search but couldn't find any recent posts on this so:

I am looking for a mid range corduroy blazer that I can wear going out on fall nights with a plaid shirt and some jeans. Looking to spend between 100-200 dollars. Would prefer a "tan" or "khaki" color as I feel it is the most versatile for me. Any suggestions are welcome. If it helps, I am a 38r or s depending on the cut of the jacket.

Thanks in advance!

ajv

Reaction score
Check out at H&M, last year they had some decent ones in your price range....

Adrian

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajv
Check out at H&M, last year they had some decent ones in your price range.

+1

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rawling 4851
It's not tan, but it's in your price range. They go on sale pretty often to boot. It was under $100 the other week.

actually they have the dark straw which is in the color range I was looking for. Great price too. I wonder if I am between a small and medium tho. Will look at the size chart! Thanks!

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajv
Check out at H&M, last year they had some decent ones in your price range....

Adrian

Thanks, I will. I am not too too concerned about quality as I only plan on wearing it like once a week or so. I have tweed jackets I wear other times! Thanks!

ajv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Citan1145
Thanks, I will. I am not too too concerned about quality as I only plan on wearing it like once a week or so. I have tweed jackets I wear other times! Thanks!

You are welcome

emptym

Reaction score
Lands End's Canvas line has one for $80, I think.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
Lands End's Canvas line has one for $80, I think.
It's $100 (which is still pretty good). Unfortunately, for me, however, they do not have tall/long sizes.

Kurt N

Reaction score
I picked up a charcoal Alan Flusser cord jacket in that price range at SteinMart a year+ ago. They carry Flusser's lower-price line, but I don't know whether that jacket is still in the lineup.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for the same and haven't found anything that has struck me. Regarding the J Crew one - it fits a bit lumpy and wrinkly. If that's what you're going for, it's a good deal. I passed because I thought it just looked too messy. LL Bean Signature has another cheap one, but I haven't tried it on. http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignatur...tn&cat4=505930

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads