• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
63yeko.jpg
back from the alterations bitches... tried to give me someone's dockers instead
ffffuuuu.gif
Yes, I am covered in dog hair.

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Vintage Shoe Company Vaughn chukka
VS1307-435x305_Profile.jpg

VS1307-435x190_Top.jpg

From HH Brown, which owns Corcoran, among several other shoe brands. Burnished harness leather, fully lined, etc. We'll see how they are when the arrive, and will be easy enough to return if I don't like them. Reality is that I don't have the $ for Tricker's or White's at the moment, so hopefully these will tide me over for 6 mos or so until I do.

Interested to see your review when these get in. Looks good.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Decided to wall mount my tv so I bought a wall mount and stud finder, hopefully this isn't too difficult to do. LED HDTV should look sweet mounted though, it'll look like a window on the wall.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a pretty easy process. You probably have this covered as it's pretty common sense, but make sure to use a level ;p

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haha, yah I have the basics in my toolbox excpet the stud finder. I was just going to do the electric razor trick to find the stud but I figure it is not worth risking it.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Stud finders are generally cheaper than replacements for crushed big screens
laugh.gif

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
had a friend try that w/o the stud finder... let's just say he won't do that again.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
can't you just knock on the wall?

That was one of the methods I read on how to find a wall stud but that is just too much to risk. There is also the "stud is next to the electric outlet" but I really wouldn't risk it when a stud finder cost like $10.

acl1

Reaction score
brown patent cp highs
nico combat boots
n&f 24 oz - taking like 4 days to dry from a hot soak, geez.
tom ford cords
brown oil tan dayton boots - being made
krane FW'10 jonas - on its way(?)

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Binker
It can look pretty great. Kent's pair look fine but a little cheap. A pair of Guidi boxer boots hit yahoo j a few days ago and I considered putting in a bid, they ended up going for more than I was willing to pay though. Pic of black colorway from an old SZ sale thread:

guidi1.jpg

The ones I posted were sold as boxer boots, too. I think they look better than those guidis though. We'll see how I like them when I get them delivered.

Originally Posted by Uncontrol
ffffuuuu.gif
KENT MONEEEEEY
ffffuuuu.gif

who dat?!
wink.gif
xoxo

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
IMG_1871-final.gif

IMG_1875-final.gif

It's a tiny bit smaller than ideal
confused.gif
Not sure what to do about shirt hems either. Can't decide if I should just stick with it or cut my loses and sell it, though I'm likely to never find this again at this price
ffffuuuu.gif
Actually, it doesn't look as bad zipped up in the pics as it feels in real life

What happened here dude? Looks like a girl's hoodie.

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Petrov pants just came in, had to be redelivered because I wasn't home the first day the postman came. Great pants, and they fit perfect. Wasn't too sure on the sizing, but I'm sure as hell glad I got them. Thanks Synth, your fits really helped make up my mind.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
What happened here dude? Looks like a girl's hoodie.
Worst case scenario I wear it under the ToJ and no one will ever know. That, or maybe I'll get lucky and it will stretch a bit

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get rid of it, its ******* heinous. A white shrunken fit hoodie with scrunching cannot look masculine or even remotely cool.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads