• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jos. A Bank $199 sale. Anything worth it?

otacon

Reaction score
http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop...ter2=&filter3=

I searched, but didn't come across anything about this sale in particular on the forum. I'll have to look over them in person of course, but I was wondering if anyone was familiar enough to give me advice. None of the suits included in the sale really caught my eye. That first tweed they have listed looks like it might be nice though.

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
No, avoid that place. They are just going to have another buy 1 suit get 9 free sale next week anyways.

Kenneth Cole Haan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoMediaMan-27
No, avoid that place. They are just going to have another buy 1 suit get 9 free sale next week anyways.

Oh Gawd, I hate to start this again on the forum, newb gets schooled by stylefreaks, but what is wrong with jos bank? Something about it smells like higher-class "gap" to me, but is it really that bad? I dont get it.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
cheap stuff. YOu can find much better on the for sale forum here for just a little more. Personally, Id save my money.

Kenneth Cole Haan

Reaction score
Ok then is Brooks Brothers considered a step above Jos A Bank, or is BB full-on considered STYLE?

I ask because somehow I hear BB and Jos Bank in the same sentences around here. Are they both American-slob retailers?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butter
Styleforum is not friendly to folks with <$200 budget.

id go buy a suit at Express before Id buy at Jos A Bank. Fit and quality are both ****...at least express will give ya a semi-decent fit without making you look like a congressman.

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
id go buy a suit at Express before Id buy at Jos A Bank. Fit and quality are both ****...at least express will give ya a semi-decent fit without making you look like a congressman.

Yea but would you get an additional 9 free suits?

bigstar[1].gif

Grenadier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sassyfras
Ok then is Brooks Brothers considered a step above Jos A Bank, or is BB full-on considered STYLE?

I ask because somehow I hear BB and Jos Bank in the same sentences around here. Are they both American-slob retailers?

Brooks Brothers is several steps above Jos. A. Banks in quality and eminently more tasteful.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butter
Yea but would you get an additional 9 free suits?

bigstar[1].gif

hahaha. true. but Id rather have 1 suit that fits decent than even 1000 suits that fit like their off the racks do.

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
hahaha. true. but Id rather have 1 suit that fits decent than even 1000 suits that fit like their off the racks do.

You don't know what body shape the person has. Jos Banks suit could fit certain people very nicely.

Just not slimmer/athletic guys.

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love how these threads bring out such nastiness - everyone in the pool to prove your sartorial superiority!!! Their suits are probably worth about what you would pay for them when running their best sale of the year, which runs about 40% of the time. Full retail is a marketing scheme and a farce at this company.

That said, a savvy shopper can find a much better product at this price point which will include nicer fabrics, possibly a better cut and workmanship, and will not be fused as the Bank product will be. Unless you have an urgent need for a specific item and a very limited budget I would recommend spending more and/or looking for great deals on nicer goods. Otherwise, their products will not make you spontaneously combust as beleived on these forums.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Henry Boogers
Otherwise, their products will not make you spontaneously combust as beleived on these forums.

I disagree...I knew this guy......hahahahahaha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads