• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

James_M

Reaction score
Originally Posted by XeF4
Yeah well he obviously doesn't live in a big city.

It's not like flannels and raw denim isn't everywhere in a big city either. Like it or not that is as much a deliberate aesthetic as anything else. The fit is a bit off and he could probably upgrade the shoes to something better but the flannel looks nice up-close.

Cacatfish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by James_M
It's not like flannels and raw denim isn't everywhere in a big city either. Like it or not that is as much a deliberate aesthetic as anything else. The fit is a bit off and he could probably upgrade the shoes to something better but the flannel looks nice up-close.

Agree.
The shoes are the only think I dislike, especially with so big a cuff.
Jeans look good to me.

Schorsch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
again, things which would make the blazer more casual:
texture (flannel, tweed, linen etc)
colour (a light blue or gray, yellow or red or green even if you want)
less shoulder structure (i.e. no padding)
slightly shorter length
patch pockets rather than flaps

there are probably more things which i can't think of right now.

I would add:
hopsack fabric (coarser, open-weave wool, yet still lightweight)
contrasting buttons (brass is typical, but I usually change out for horn, mother of pearl, etc.)

and as far as fit goes: This blazer fits you correctly, but that's not what you want in this case. I think this is where a slightly too-small fit shines, opening the bottom quarters, and demonstrating that it is emphatically a casual jacket, just slightly wrong for formal wear.

Oh, and no pinstripes. Style is subjective, but this is objectively wrong.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is what im wearing today (and most days, actually).
P9293357.JPG
balmain brioni lanvin (no vis)

Dr. Mabuse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by James_M

Despite the naysayers, this would of been much better if it was even more redneck. I don't really like the jeans but if he would of used a slim straight fitting jean, Redwing Pecos, and left the top half alone. it would of been an interesting riff on that sort of style. Having grown up in rural Florida is probably influencing my perception, though.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
this is what im wearing today (and most days, actually). balmain brioni lanvin (no vis)
Can't believe you actually spent money on that ridiculous Balmain polo. Such a troll purchase, should be worn with those Adidas

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Can't believe you actually spent money on that ridiculous Balmain polo. Such a troll purchase, should be worn with those Adidas
its actually a $5 tshirt i picked up from sierra trading post (in a pack of 12, i wear these everyday) i kinda regret not just getting hanes, but on the other hand these are thicker and not so undershirty

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
its actually a $5 tshirt i picked up from sierra trading post (in a pack of 12, i wear these everyday) i kinda regret not just getting hanes, but on the other hand these are thicker and not so undershirty
Oh, I didn't really look at the picture, no collar lol. Thought it was one of the millions of Balmain polos that C21 has. I think they were $100 or so from $400 which is hilarious

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
dont roll/cuff your jeans when wearing with a jacket.

agree -- People should avoid this unless they really know what they are doing. Ga-vroche seems to to a good job of it. He chose a much more casual jacket than the one that JTK has. When I do jeans + jacket, I just stack.

Originally Posted by Ga-vroche
25dsc09586.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I clicked view post and all of my assumptions were verified.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
lol
facepalm.gif

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
this is what im wearing today (and most days, actually).
P9293357.JPG
balmain brioni lanvin (no vis)

photo conveniently missed out on these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads