• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the diff between Cesare Attolini and Sartoria Attolini

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I gave up after pg 4 of search results.

Anyone have experince on the differences?

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No differerece, but I'll ask one of the Attolini Brothers over the Weekend to get 100% reliable Info.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
No differerece, but I'll ask one of the Attolini Brothers over the Weekend.

Hans?

Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
No differerece, but I'll ask one of the Attolini Brothers over the Weekend to get 100% reliable Info.

Franz?

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'll See
smile.gif

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked Massimo Attolini; there's no difference, both are exactly the same.
The "Sartoria Attolini" labelled suits are ca.10-12 years old and there's only the "Cesare Attolini" label now.
They changed to "Cesare Attolini" because they didnt want to have "Sartoria" inside the name as it became ubiquitous with so many other brands.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 -LR

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The "Sartoria Attolini" labelled suits are ca.10-12 years old and there's only the "Cesare Attolini" label now.

They changed to "Cesare Attolini" because they didnt want to have "Sartoria" inside the name as it became ubiquitous with so many other brands.

Old thread that answered my question. Sort of...

Does this mean that the Sartoria Attolini items that are coming up for sale now (two years after this thread was current) are all 12-14 years old?

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Old thread that answered my question. Sort of...

Does this mean that the Sartoria Attolini items that are coming up for sale now (two years after this thread was current) are all 12-14 years old?

Yes. What I didnt say was that the name changing story usually comes without mentioning a recapitalization after near insolvency, could be that Uni Credit had a word on that back then.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes. What I didnt say was that the name changing story usually comes without mentioning a recapitalization after near insolvency, could be that Uni Credit had a word on that back then.

Well I'm very glad they're still in business!

I'm surprised there are still NWT Sartoria Attolini jackets popping up that were manufactured so long ago. Makes me wonder where they've been all this time.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well I'm very glad they're still in business!

I'm surprised there are still NWT Sartoria Attolini jackets popping up that were manufactured so long ago. Makes me wonder where they've been all this time.

One of the biggest Attolini sellers in Belin/Germany still has written "Sartoria Attolini" on his door...
I guess many companies stopped working with them suddenly because supply became uncertain and loads of stock became available.
I wonder how any of these companies do anything...Kiton never changed the brand name but was in different hands to 50% as well (by the Carola family, very close to Paones, maybe someone knows the quite famous DJ Marco Carola, it was them who saved Kiton), but they are out of it again.
And the tailoring school is a tax and state subvention thing, not really much more (I have seen bespoke tailors trying to work with young people coming from there, they cant construct a propper pocket bag).
Though some stores just keep stuff....Knize in Vienna has probably Brioni stuff from the 80s (that's a bit of a running gag, though what I have seen there looked reaaaaaaaaly dated).

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, the insider information is always interesting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads