• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014

TimH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by djibouti
As for the wine bottle holder...I'm doing some web design work for a leather guy in rural Illinois. He's a saddle maker and makes bags/small leather goods as well. Truly incredible stuff.

winebottle.jpg

Here's a wine holder he does. Lots of handstitching, partially lined in shearling. I honestly don't know the price point but I'll make a more comprehensive post with better images when I hear back from him. He's not a technology person, he doesn't even own a computer, so this may take a while.

If someone is very interested in one of these in particular, give me a PM and I can get you information more quickly.

Very nice stuff - good to see a craftsman working on traditional themes and giving it a 'twist'!
Made some cases similar to these back in the nineties and had them featured in the Saturday Telegraph Magazine - happy days. People like this keep the rest of us striving to raise the bar even higher - keep up the good work.

galt

Reaction score
Thank you for the interest and compliments.

Galt bags are simple yet elegant. They are meant to enhance the owners personal style rather than create the image. There are no exterior logos; the bag should speak for itself not be a billboard. Every bag is handmade from skilled artisans. The leather, hardware, lining, and every step of manufacturing is Italian. Galt is made to last forever, both in quality and design.

If you're looking for more flare, you might want to check out our gold hardware.
GALT-Backpack-gold-4.jpg

GALT-Trunk-gold-2.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nothing fancy but good for a day to day or grocery bag? $45 i think
30213_440197515976_97626540976_5949898_6172621_n.jpg
they make a small and large duffle in the same style i was considering as well

pdsf

Reaction score
^ quality should be good! They are available in many colours, right?

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TimH
Great take on the theme especially in London Tan colour - used it a lot over the years and still ove it.

Which are you referring to?

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pdsf
^ quality should be good! They are available in many colours, right?

yeah i think the bags weigh 1.5-2lbs each. i know they do cherry red, olive green and a natural white.

i think i've convinced myself to get a war bag and tote in red

TimH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
Which are you referring to?

Hi Softy,

The London Tan bags - being the lighter coloured biscuit shades.
(London Tan, Newmarket Tan and some other saddlery colours get their names from the days when horse drawn coaches had all the harness work made in specific colours for the many illiterate passengers to identify where a coach was heading i.e. London Tan - London, Newmarket Tan - Newmarket and so on. Just thought I would add this snippitt of info whilst on the subject)

pdsf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz
yeah i think the bags weigh 1.5-2lbs each. i know they do cherry red, olive green and a natural white.

i think i've convinced myself to get a war bag and tote in red

oh! I got them confused with W.M.J.Mills & Co. They have similar offerings but are more expensive. They have totes in red. What's a war bag?

8zli5c.jpg

Hi Softy,

(London Tan, Newmarket Tan and some other saddlery colours get their names from the days when horse drawn coaches had all the harness work made in specific colours for the many illiterate passengers to identify where a coach was heading i.e. London Tan - London, Newmarket Tan - Newmarket and so on. Just thought I would add this snippitt of info whilst on the subject)

Wow, cool, I didn't know that (that said, I don't know a lot of things...)

Originally Posted by Magic1
What do you think?

http://tfh.flat-head.com/modules/goo...?content_id=11

Which one are you thinking? The black one is deerskin? I'd prefer that to the pony hair one but that's just me and pony hair not getting along very well. The hardware seems a bit meeeh.
plain.gif

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
war bag is a large duffel, it's about the largest carry-on size you can get, 11 x 11 x 23

not sure if this is the small or the large though

30213_440197500976_97626540976_5949897_2754263_n.jpg

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Yardsale
handbags
facepalm.gif

Look, why the **** are you here? What you're doing is literally no different from guys who go "NICE SKINNY JEANS ******", except for you it's bags. Nobody gives a **** about your ******* ugly-ass nylon Timbuk that looks like the bag I carried in early high school that I bought at Wal-Mart. This thread obviously isn't for you so why don't you just go participate in a topic that actually interests you? The guys in here posting about bags aren't suddenly going to become sexually insecure because you called their bag a purse.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Softy,

I was more curious to know which shape you preferred, but thank you for this interesting piece of trivia.
Is this verifiable? It sounds like it could be apocryphal.
To be honest, I was thinking more of getting the brown, though. I'm going through a muted-color phase.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So I ended up buying the BillyKirk bag that rach2jlc posted. Wasn't going to spend the cash, but a kind SF'er shared a 10% off code for Blackbird with me. Think I got the last one too, they are sold out. It's nice. The leather is thick and the beeswax/oil treatment that BillyKirk applied to it gives it a nice feel. Shoulder strap is too short for me to wear it across my body, but I'm a tall guy and that sometimes happens. Love that the strap is full leather and not cotton or nylon. I do wish it had some pen slots and more then one zip pocket inside, but those are minor things I can easily live without. Can't wait to see it with some wear on it when it ages.
photo4.jpg
One other thing. Blackbird sent it to me in a small box, folded over and squeezed in. While not a big deal, I just think that's an unprofessional way to ship a $300+ bag to someone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads