• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanohare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Indeed, but I've yet to see him pull any look off.

I dunno, I think he pulls off the 'gormless, pie-faced ****' look to a tee.

__PG__

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
You could always go for the unlined linen suits.
These are surprisingly very hard to find. I have a linen suit already, but its lined. I'm lining up an unlined suit (either linen or lightweight wool) for this summer.

BTW - if there are any Arthur Galan devotees here, they have a winter clearance which starts today at 300 Toorak Rd, South Yarra.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryanohare
I dunno, I think he pulls off the 'gormless, pie-faced ****' look to a tee.

Originally Posted by fxh
From what little I know theres only one thing he manages to pull off.

Quite so.

Back to the subject of chinos...Tailor Store now has MTM chinos for reasonable prices. I've used them for polos and dress shirts, but can't comment on their chino line. I assume they'd be decent.

jobro

Reaction score
Nonsense. True, some people don't pull the look off, but that can be said of any look. But I don't dismiss the combination because of a few duds.

Always better to go with some navy/blue chinos.

Tano

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Is this guy any good? I couldnt find any information on the quality of fabric or suit design on the web

---EMAIL---
We would like to bring to your attention that our Master Tailor, MR. AROON MAHTANI will be visiting AUSTRALIA once again on his regular sales trip, to take measurements and orders for custom made suits and shirts.

At this time, he's carrying the latest samples for suits and shirts.

Fabrics from Ermenegildo Zegna; Valentino Garavani; ING Loro Piana; Dormeuil; Scabal and Toni Tommi, just to name a few.

Custom Tailored Suits - Special Package - Super 120's English Wool
2 Suits + 1 Sports Jacket + 1 Slacks OR 3 Suits Only For AUD 1699up

Custom Tailored Shirts Package - Buy 6 Shirts + 1 Free Only For AUD 499up

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
frustrated by J Crew not shipping to Australia. was wondering if anyone had compiled a list of sites which will ship to australia?

srendam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Herbert
frustrated by J Crew not shipping to Australia. was wondering if anyone had compiled a list of sites which will ship to australia?

shipitto and priceusa come to mind

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
We throw them on the barbie.

laugh.gif

- B

jhof5421

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
+1 on the chinos.

As JohnsNotHere and Oleg have said, it's about getting the right pair of chino pants.

Rather than getting baggy, pleated ones from Target or Fletcher Jones, instead look to Lands End (their tailored version), Charles Tyrwhitt, or Brooks Brothers (the Milano cut) for slimmer chinos in a great range of colours.

I just took delivery of six pairs from Lands End and Charles Tyrwhitt - Nantucket red and white chinos from Lands End, and light brown, chocolate brown, sky blue and navy from Tyrwhitt.

I've also just placed an order for a green pair from Brooks Brothers and I'm eagerly awaiting their arrival!

Once the BB ones arrive, I think that I shall be all set for summer.

Chinos do not make you daggy, just as wearing grey trousers and a blue jacket does not make you a security guard! It's all in the cut, the colours, the combinations and the accessories.

Journeyman, are the CT chinos actually what we would consider 'slim'? I've always been concerned with their definition of 'slim' as their slim cut shirts always fit like a more classic cut, hence haven't tried their chinos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads