• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of nice gloves...?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my pair. I may just make a pair with the leather I have left over from the bag (avatar)

Montauk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SimonC
Well reading the thread got me thinking about ordering a nice pair of light coloured gloves from Chester Jefferies, or perhaps a pair of the peccary ones on eBay. Then I went out this morning, and happened to find these in a vintage clothing store - NOS buckskin gloves by 'Webbs', made in England with black handstitching and the little triangular darts on the fingers. The best part is they cost me about 15% of what Chester Jefferies would have charged!

11h37e.jpg

I have a pair of these exact gloves that get worn all winter. I just wash them with soap and water when they start getting dingy (which they will). I enjoy them as much as any piece of apparel I own.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross-posting from the thrift store thread, I got these from a vintage shop. Unlined with lovely hand-stitching:

sam0359.jpg

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Ordered two pair of Madova gloves yesterday, will post pictures when they arrive. One pair is unlined, color 208 (burgundy), and the other cashmere lined, color 203 (dark tan).

AVT

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what the three lines on the back of many gloves do?
Is it just for appearance?

I just noticed this when i was looking at some gloves at chester jefferies.
Do you require points (3 stitched lines) on the back of the item?

oldog/oldtrix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I saw this picture of Luciano wearing these gloves, I knew I had to have them:

I was in luck. Although the color of the pair I found did not match exactly, the discoloration on the fingers was perfect (and for no extra charge):

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix
I was in luck. Although the color of the pair I found did not match exactly, the discoloration on the fingers was perfect (and for no extra charge):

Sorry but those look like mummified hands. Frankengloves.

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CashmereLover
Ordered two pair of Madova gloves yesterday, will post pictures when they arrive. One pair is unlined, color 208 (burgundy), and the other cashmere lined, color 203 (dark tan).

My Madova gloves arrived today. I'm very happy with them, especially the dark tan ones with cashmere lining. I think they will match my Alfred Sargent Chatham shoes very well (just ordered waiting for them to arrive).

In this price range (about 55 Euro) I would recommend anyone to try Madova.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what do you folks think about unlined pecarry / pecarri gloves from Iliari on eBay?

These will face not worst then just below freezing weather.

http://stores.ebay.ca/e-queco

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just bumping this as I would like opinions.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
what do you folks think about unlined pecarry / pecarri gloves from Iliari on eBay?

These will face not worst then just below freezing weather.

http://stores.ebay.ca/e-queco

They make good quality gloves. My gloves are lined , I don't know how warm the unlined would be?
gloves_20090928_003.jpg

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
The best part of gloves is putting them on and taking them off, languidly and luxuriously pulling them on and vice versa.

A real movie still.

The best part of gloves are...

simpson_glove_slap.jpg

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
They make good quality gloves. My gloves are lined , I don't know how warm the unlined would be?
gloves_20090928_003.jpg

lol at HomerJ.

Mainly I just wanted a tight fitting glove so I can still have full use of my hands.

How is the pecarri leather, nice?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics