• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grouper
25su5ih.jpg

looks good, clean

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
wear the shirt normal and pull the cardi sleeve down or push them both up together if you can

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
everything fits 100x better than every other university bro too

that being said i'm not really a fan of the wash on the jeans, but the fit is awesome.

+1. Almost all undergrads don't have a clue of how clothes should fit. I see too many bros wear jeans with ripped openings from being too long, dragged, and stepped on.

I think the outfit is low key and works well for a very casual look.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ma1
you look like every other university bro except all that **** cost 100x more

Originally Posted by ma1
its not what I would call style

this is styleforum after all

Originally Posted by nahneun
yes, this is styleforum, not fashionforum.

Originally Posted by Listi
Why does looking normal = style? Why is fashionable not stylish? People are IDIOTS.

**** thankyou listi.

btw shoebox looks great.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
unc- you don't get it?

I rarely get your fits.

They are costumey IMO, I realize they make a lot of sense for you... but I'd stand out like a sore thumb, and be un-employed in Lexington,NE. I don't blend in, but I don't stand out... different strokes I guess.

Aside from the cuffs, this is a pretty decent fit for me.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Dude, I like a lot of fits on here that are way outside of what I would wear. That isn't the point. Costumey or not, at least I am going for some sort of aesthetic. I just don't get how this is a style, in any sense of the word. And your jeans don't fit well.

You just look like a redneck, sorry to say
confused.gif

you look like a cartoon.

the cuffs are off, which I admitted.

its a modest mouse shirt, a cap, and a flannel.

I said you look like a ***, and got **** for it. I wear regular clothes and ill fitting jeans and I look like a redneck?

Why is 'regular' such a difficult aesthetic for you to digest?

sheesh.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
Why is 'regular' such a difficult aesthetic for you to digest? sheesh.
because we're on a forum about fashion. OOPS I MEAN STYLE.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry man, it doesn't look "fashiony guy" good, or "normal guy" good. It's just normal guy walking down the street.

Originally Posted by robbie
Aside from the cuffs, this is a pretty decent fit for me.

The cap is bad, the flannel is nothing special, the jeans would be good with a hem i guess.

the flannel over the tee just looks like every other guy 20-30, especially in combination with the cap and chucks.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to defend the "quality" of robbie's fits... but I dunno if you've ever lived in small town America Uncontrol, it's tough. If you are wearing a polo shirt that is one size too big, sized up 514's, and Pumas, half the people you run into will be like "WHOA DUDE, METRO MUCH?" I wore some pretty outlandish stuff in Pennsylvania over the summer and you'd hear people talking after they walked by you saying things like "Did you see that ******? What the ****!"

I think robbie should still step up his game, but I understand that normal is sometimes better than stigmatized. That being said, why not STF 501's at the very least? You can work a decent raw denim game for cheap. The hat is bad and solid tee would be preferable. Fit is not waywt quality :<

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
I think robbie should still step up his game, but I understand that normal is sometimes better than stigmatized. That being said, why not STF 501's at the very least?

I already said I don't really like robbies fit but ROY denim I'm sure blows STF 501s out of the water?

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a134d.jpg

jacket- EG Bedford
shirt- LE Canvas oxford (cool shade of purple but doesn't really show in pic)
tie- The Hill Side
belt- Jean Shop
jeans- Somet
boots- Roys

sorry for the crappy pic, no flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads