• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps - Sightings....

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the current follow-up film to the 1987 classic "Wall Street" will make its mark on the menswear fashion industry. I'll remark only on the eyewear Gordon Gekko sports (probably in the first scene where Gekko gets his hands on the huge pile of $$$) and the wonderful wristwatch Shia LaBoeuf's character wears through most of the film. The frame is the newly trendy clear plastic type in a traditional design - perhaps Anglo-American but others make these (and I'd expect the costume people to select something more costly than A-A but maybe now). Wonderful what brand and design LaBoeuf's watch is. It's got an oversized, complicated case with a leather band? Can anyone actually identify it?
bigstar[1].gif

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you know for a fact this is the exact model he wore? Come to think of it, I do recall an IWC watch shown somewhere in the film - probably as one of those marvelous visual, special effect graphics they flashed so much on the screen during the run of the film pertaining to the Market, time in general, the NYC skyline, etc. Absolutely brilliant!
bigstar[1].gif

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come to think of it, could Shia LaBeouf have also worn a larger watch in the film? Perhaps when he was more dressed up? It looked to me rather oversized and I don't know if this IWC really is.

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lafont
I'm sure the current follow-up film to the 1987 classic "Wall Street" will make its mark on the menswear fashion industry. I'll remark only on the eyewear Gordon Gekko sports (probably in the first scene where Gekko gets his hands on the huge pile of $$$) and the wonderful wristwatch Shia LaBoeuf's character wears through most of the film. The frame is the newly trendy clear plastic type in a traditional design - perhaps Anglo-American but others make these (and I'd expect the costume people to select something more costly than A-A but maybe now). Wonderful what brand and design LaBoeuf's watch is. It's got an oversized, complicated case with a leather band? Can anyone actually identify it?
bigstar[1].gif

huh??

(dubious)....

the IWC is nice. too bad it waso nly on loan to tthe actor. He's not naomi campbell *cough* blood diamonds... so he has to return it...

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did a little editing, if that's what the "huh?" was for. No lack of typos in this forum, though....

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone identify the white (assumably athletic) shoes Shia LaBoeuf wore in the scene where he went to Gekko's apartment the first time? They certainly were eye-catching with that outfit.

twosnapsandgo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lafont
Can anyone identify the white (assumably athletic) shoes Shia LaBoeuf wore in the scene where he went to Gekko's apartment the first time? They certainly were eye-catching with that outfit.

Haven't seen the movie yet but I am going to assume athletic, and white leather high end sneakers.

233326_AE2O0_9060_001_web_full.jpg

Gucci

Every designer has a high end sneaker now a days.

Ferragamo

NMN10FC_mg.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads