• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty's random dog thread.

Squall.Leonhart

Reaction score
Minor rant, but I've loved Bulldogs forever, and it pisses me off that they suddenly became hyper trendy. Now I've seen some for about $2500 and I remember back when you could get a great Bullie for about $1500.

Oh well, maybe like the Paris Hilton/Chihuahua craze, I'll be able to give one Bulldog a home that was a victim of some dumb ***** getting in over her head
biggrin.gif

Raymondleigh3268

Reaction score
46873_441600207430_618497430_5027197_6320065_n.jpg

my puppy Boerboel 6months old weighting in at 35 kg
n618497430_1468173_367264.jpg

my sons frenchie Bulleye
saboerboelcharlie1.jpg

and the oldder brother to my puppy own buy my pal
4 years old 96kg

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Solid looking BBs.

Here's something a little wacky: a Malinois and a Dutch Shepherd showing the power of the muzzle attack. Not sure why they're after girls in football gear though.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
lefty

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You haven't heard? Powder Puff bitches be running wild and raising hell.
Trained attack dogs were the next logical step n controlling this growing problem.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those poor girls are getting hammered. I shudder to think what would happen if one of those dogs slipped a muzzle.

lefty

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lefty, I'm about 99% certain that I want to buy a basenji. Can you recommend a breeder by any chance?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cool dog.

Pick up Sue Coe's book, The Basenji Out of Africa, Revised Edition: A New Look and start there. I would also do a little reading about the African Stock Project.

I have a friend who got a very typey and clear-in-the-head Basenji from a breeder in Chicago - I can find the name.

lefty

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found a breeder in Florida that has puppies...If it turns out to be a reputable place this little guy will hopefully be mine
smile.gif
IMG_0320.jpg

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice puppy. Good bone and well angulated. Really like the red and whites.

lefty

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Aw, he's a cute little ******. Where in FL is the breeder? If its close I could check it out for you.
That would be extremely generous of you. The ad said they are located in Central West Coast Florida so I'm guessing Tampa region.
Originally Posted by lefty
Nice puppy. Good bone and well angulated. Really like the red and whites. lefty
Yah, the red and whites are definitely my favorite followed by the tri-colors. Not a big fan of the black and whites or the brindles.
Originally Posted by JayJay
^^^ Good luck! That's a really handsome dog.
I have my fingers crossed!

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How did you find this breeder?

I'm sure you've done your homework, but there are a few health concerns in a Basenji: Fanconi, PRA, thyroid - ask for proof of clear parents.

lefty

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Via an online search. Ive just started talking to the breeder so we haven't really gotten past the niceties yet. Definitely want to see some documentation and maybe talk to their veterinarian as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads