• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It comes with a free tin of Turtle Wax.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hastur
a shirt made out of chamois seems weird.

i dry my car with that stuff.

i also sit on leather couches, sleep in cotton sheets, and paint on canvas, yet understand fabric has many different uses.

also chamois =/= chamois leather, which is the cod-liver oil tanned stuff noted for its absorbent properties, smoothness, and lack of streaking. the name is derived from the new zealand goats whose hides possess flannel-like qualities. although these days a lot of that fabric comes from sheep and non-new zealand goats.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
5024457637_368fe88f2b_z.jpg

gotta recommend the chamois shirt, fits much better than ll bean signature's version, miles better than ones from brands like land's end and orvis. pretty solid overshirt fit. also picked up the sueded fleece polo in olive green.

the problem with wearing jcrew shirts for casual wear (ie untucked) is that the shirt hems on all of their shirts are usually a good 3-4 inches too long, as is the case with yours. i find myself returning a lot of their shirts for this reason, although I have found maybe one or two out of 15 or so that I have purchased over the past few years that have a proper hem. Its rather strange that 99% of their shirts must be worn tucked to look decent. Their new slim cut has alleviated this problem somewhat although I'm stuck between an XS and S and neither fits properly.

Ivana Trump

Reaction score
J.Crew is slaying me with their current collection. what is a broke college student to do, lol?

relax99

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivana Trump
J.Crew is slaying me with their current collection. what is a broke college student to do, lol?

+1

ceekay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aphextwin07
the problem with wearing jcrew shirts for casual wear (ie untucked) is that the shirt hems on all of their shirts are usually a good 3-4 inches too long, as is the case with yours. i find myself returning a lot of their shirts for this reason, although I have found maybe one or two out of 15 or so that I have purchased over the past few years that have a proper hem. Its rather strange that 99% of their shirts must be worn tucked to look decent. Their new slim cut has alleviated this problem somewhat although I'm stuck between an XS and S and neither fits properly.

im the same.. so i only buy their shirts for tucking.. i mean like you i have a few that happen to be shorter for some reason but for the most part they hang low.. and theres no way i can button the top two buttons on an XS. for untucked random day shirts i just take whatever works.. beggars cant be choosers.. last shirt i got for untucking was a club room fitted flannelish shirt from macys.. 20$ fits perfect and the plaid on it is my new favorite..

butterflystyle

Reaction score

That is NOT the problem here...

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
5024457637_368fe88f2b_z.jpg

gotta recommend the chamois shirt, fits much better than ll bean signature's version, miles better than ones from brands like land's end and orvis. pretty solid overshirt fit. also picked up the sueded fleece polo in olive green.

i tried this on in a small, the issue i had with it was the front pockets aren't to scale. they put the same pocket size for a large with a small, and it's huge.

adambz

Reaction score
Have any of you seen the vintage marled fleece in stores? I'm looking to order one but can't decide on which color.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adambz
Have any of you seen the vintage marled fleece in stores? I'm looking to order one but can't decide on which color.

i ordered the full zip one online and it was nothing like what is pictured on the website. the quality was extremely cheap looking and the interior was rough and abrasive. i knew within seconds of even looking at it that i would return it.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i ordered the full zip one online and it was nothing like what is pictured on the website. the quality was extremely cheap looking and the interior was rough and abrasive. i knew within seconds of even looking at it that i would return it.
The vintage marled fleece or just the regular fleece full zip? Others have said the marled fleece is thick, super soft, but with a waffle knit texture to it. Also what do you mean by "extremely cheap looking"? Badly stitched? Holes? One sleeve longer than the other?

tit_tyrant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
The vintage marled fleece or just the regular fleece full zip? Others have said the marled fleece is thick, super soft, but with a waffle knit texture to it. Also what do you mean by "extremely cheap looking"? Badly stitched? Holes? One sleeve longer than the other?

I was quite interested in the sun-faded fleece but in waiting for a free shipping code on their website, I have reconsidered the vintage marled fleece. If anyone does have any more information on either sweatshirt, it would be greatly appreciated by me as well.

xanatos

Reaction score

Same problem here I didnt think it was the length before till I got my mediums tailored and whenever I tuck them in they billow out.The lightweight ones actually had a decent length to them,which they were actually shorter.
Jcrew's sizings are just really really off and are not flattering on anyone.I think they size it for bro's and skinny asians guys and well.we know Bro's dont shop there..

aphextwin07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh

this one and one other one that i can't find online right now. they look cheap as in the quality of the materials just appears that way. cant really comment on the fit, I ordered a S and it was massive in all proportions for what their size S typically is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads