• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Have you tried all of the ELdO's yet? Tried out Dior Homme Intense. It really livens up the intensity of the original Dior Homme. Not much of a change in the scent. Just more backbone.
Really? I feel like they're really different. I hate intense but I really like Dior Homme.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Have you tried all of the ELdO's yet?

No, not yet. My first ELdO was Secretions Magnifiques, which I absolutely loved, so I was very excited to try the other ones. So far, I've been a little bit disappointed though. On the positive side, Jasmin et Cigarette is very good, and a lot less gimmicky than the others. Encens et Bubblegum is very gimmicky, but also pretty good. I've got a sample of Rossy de Palma Eau de Protection that should be arriving soon and that I'm really looking forward to.

Bel Ami today. Am I the only person in the world who thinks this smells like root beer barrels? (The candy, not actual root beer barrels. I don't know what those smell like.)

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
(...)
Bel Ami today. Am I the only person in the world who thinks this smells like root beer barrels? (The candy, not actual root beer barrels. I don't know what those smell like.)

I can't say for certain, but it's highly likely that, yes, you are the only person in the world who smells that.

today: Bay Rum with a Twist, for a Sunday of labor.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
No, not yet. My first ELdO was Secretions Magnifiques, which I absolutely loved, so I was very excited to try the other ones. So far, I've been a little bit disappointed though. On the positive side, Jasmin et Cigarette is very good, and a lot less gimmicky than the others. Encens et Bubblegum is very gimmicky, but also pretty good. I've got a sample of Rossy de Palma Eau de Protection that should be arriving soon and that I'm really looking forward to.
I tried JetC and was a bit disappointed but it was very hot weather so it might hold up better in the winter. Keep us updated on the trials. This seems to be a line that's very polarizing.
Originally Posted by Thomas
I can't say for certain, but it's highly likely that, yes, you are the only person in the world who smells that.
lol8[1].gif
Tried out the new D&G The One Gentleman today. I think this one is going to be popular with the hoi paloi. Its got a sweet kick but still retains a bit of a masculine quality. Sort of a manlier Prada Amber. Probably going to pass on it or maybe hijack a few samples from Sephora once it gets released there.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today...back in Chanel Antaeus for the colder weather.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's starting to feel like fall here in STL, so I went with Tom Ford Amber Absolute. Am I the only person in the world who thinks this smells really ambery? (I'm playing it safe this time.)

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It's starting to feel like fall here in STL, so I went with Tom Ford Amber Absolute. Am I the only person in the world who thinks this smells really ambery? (I'm playing it safe this time.)

Noap. I think it's a beautiful spicy buttery amber that lasts until tomorrow, easily.

The sad part about fall is that I have so many fall scents to wear, and so few days to wear them.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today I tested Rochas Man on the left hand and New Harlaam on the right... I don't kno where people get "coffee" from Rochas. To me it smells sort of sweet and creamy, I definitely get something like Body Kouros, maybe it's an anise note? and then at the end a sort of soapy musk. I'll try it again. The New Harlaam is Much nicer, and a lot more like coffee. Any thoughts? The only other one I can think of to try is Angel Pure Coffee but it's unlikely I'll find a sample anywhere... what do y'all think? I'm not much of gourmand fan but could use a few coffee/chocolate scents (yes, I've got Dior Homme and L'Instant covered already) For those interested in Philosykos, here's a 50ml for $45. http://www.basenotes.net/threads/242...rlain-Lempicka

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Today I tested Rochas Man on the left hand and New Harlaam on the right... I don't kno where people get "coffee" from Rochas. To me it smells sort of sweet and creamy, I definitely get something like Body Kouros, maybe it's an anise note? and then at the end a sort of soapy musk. I'll try it again. The New Harlaam is Much nicer, and a lot more like coffee. Any thoughts? The only other one I can think of to try is Angel Pure Coffee but it's unlikely I'll find a sample anywhere... what do y'all think? I'm not much of gourmand fan but could use a few coffee/chocolate scents (yes, I've got Dior Homme and L'Instant covered already) For those interested in Philosykos, here's a 45ml for $50. http://www.basenotes.net/threads/242...rlain-Lempicka
New Harlem wasn't bad but I thought it was a bit cloying. I can't think of another coffee off of the top of my head but if you want chocolate on the cheap then try out Hanae Mori EdP.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Almost forgot. Tried out the new Marc Jacobs Bang again today. The more I try this the more I dislike it. Its supposed to be a "spicy/woody fragrance" but it just comes off as a cheap imitation sandalwoody scent.

yodawg

Reaction score
montana parfum d'homme red box - it's spicy and leathery. supposed to be similar to havana without the tobacco. i like it. was really cheap too.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today, Le Labo Oud 27.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Noir de Noir today. It's been a while since I last wore this, and I'd forgotten how much I like it. My spontaneous reaction when I sprayed it on this morning was "Holy sh*t, that's great!" (I sometimes think that as I apply Jicky too, but in that case I mean it a little bit more literally.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads